HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

Swear Words on HCF

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 09:15 AM
HCF Member
Default Swear Words on HCF

I know for the most part most of ushere are mature and don't really care about people swearing on the forum and i admit i swear (not all the time)and thats how i do things, but i kinda find it a lil annoying when the site has word censors for swear words. Like ****. I know most of us that swear just simply switch the i with the ! and when someone read what you are saying they say the word **** in their mind, so i kinda find it annoying, pointless,redundant, and somewhat ironicto have swear word censors when you can simply change a letter and people would read it the same in their mind, either spelled **** of sh*t with the i, they would still translate it as sh*t with the i. Like if i go off and say "dam i just got into a fukken accident" most of you would say the work f*ck in your minds, so why have swear word censors? I can understand having censors for stuff that might offend others, like racist remarks and stuff but swear words aren't offensive, especially if you don't use them to offend others but rather get your aggression out like (fukken accident or something). I dunno, i'm just a very rational person and find it hard to understand this conflict in consistancy. I was just thinking about this some time ago. So i say do away with the swear word censor and lets us have our 1st amendment rights.

Do any of you feel this way (or am i the only person here that think like this?).

Old 12-21-2006, 10:51 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Swear Words on HCF

belive it or not many care about swearing. It trashes up the forum and looks like garbage. The reputaility of the forum goes through the floor. Look at a typical forum and you will see what I mean.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:15 AM

you are right Remmy later

Old 12-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Administrator

[sm=rant.gif]

Old 12-21-2006, 04:21 PM
HCF Member

just look at it as helping you to learn to communicate in a more adult manner

Old 12-21-2006, 04:21 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: bigdelscivic

you are right Remmy later
yea he usauly is

Old 02-21-2007, 06:07 PM
HCF Member

i understand what your saying, because i do it too, like when i am having a conversation, if something happened that was bad or made me mad, i'll use a sear word in a sentence to hewlp portray what happened. it's different on this site though. for 1 it is a happy place for people to come and chat it up about their sick civics. 2 people can understand what ypur trying to say, without dropping an F bomb. and 3 its a nice site, and no swearing keeps things respectful around here.

just my take on the situation.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:48 PM
HCF Member

I really like this forum's censorship. I think swearing is just the lack of knowing better adjectives and verbs. You are right that you can switch a word to look similar, but it really does make a difference when the word is unfiltered and raw. I really dont like to hear the f word and s word so I am glad it becomes a bunch of asterisk. I think this forum is classy enough to have it's members watch their words and I know it isnt that hard to do, right? Heck, some of you guys even have avitars that are kind of offensive to me but I let it go. (lets face it, humping the Nissan symbol is funny) ... All i ask is that we keep the word filters on strong!

Old 02-21-2007, 11:43 PM

i know when i had my clubs website we censored alot of stuff so when we applied for sponsers they didn't see a bunch of curse words that make the site look like a immature site that the people were just punk kids.. so i say good job hcf if it wasn't censored i don't think we would have all those sponsers saving us money...

Old 02-22-2007, 10:56 AM
HCF Member

I like the it cause if I am on here and talking-typeing when i get of the internet i sort of think before I curse.

Quick Reply: Swear Words on HCF