HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

what happened to this place - let's fix it

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 04:47 AM
Default what happened to this place - let's fix it

When I joined, this forum was doing well. Now, we are lucky to have over 10 new posts per day.

I feel like this place needs a total revamp. The header is fugly (looks like myspace glitter bling text), we hardly have any sponsors (we need sponsors like Pro Civic, JHP USA, PasswordJDM, stuff like that), and we aren't generating membership or content. How in the world does a forum with the URL HONDACIVICFORUM.com not get a lot of traffic?

I don't want to hear "it's the economy" bs, because it's not. The economy has been getting better and other Honda forums are doing fine.

We need ideas. Or have we given up?

Last edited by trustdestruction; 04-16-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
When I joined, this forum was doing well. Now, we are lucky to have over 10 new posts per day.

I feel like this place needs a total revamp. The header is fugly, we hardly have any sponsors (we need sponsors like Pro Civic, JHP USA, PasswordJDM, stuff like that), and we aren't generating membership or content. How in the world does a forum with the URL HONDACIVICFORUM.com not get a lot of traffic?

I don't want to hear "it's the economy" bs, because it's not. The economy has been getting better and other Honda forums are doing fine.

We need ideas. Or have we given up?
I hear you on that. I was hoping to get some information from new (2013) civic owners but this place is silent!! what gives?

Old 04-16-2013, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Caretaker007
I hear you on that. I was hoping to get some information from new (2013) civic owners but this place is silent!! what gives?
Well, in our defense, that is a very small demographic of Civic owners, the majority of which are not enthusiasts and/or knowledgeable. The 2013 Civic is brand new. I'm on two 9th-gen (2012-2017 Civic) forums and we hardly have any members with 2013's, although they are trickling in.

I have a 2012, so I know quite a bit about the 2013. What do you want to know? Point me to another thread where you're discussing this so that we can keep this thread on-topic.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 04-16-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:55 AM
July 2010 ROTM

I honestly have no clue man. JHP or PWJDM presence would be nice. Group buys are pretty popular on all the other forums (need a group to have a group buy though).

Old 04-16-2013, 01:33 PM
HCF Member

A redesign sounds nice. When I joined, back when there was a certain mustang build on here, there was a lot of posts...

I've got no idea how to get people back in here though lol.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:21 PM

We have had this discussion before. No one here has the power to redesign. We tried suggesting it, but Internet Brands, the forum owners, did their own thing. The header is fine compared to what it used to be. The Honda scene just isn't what it used to be.

Nothing lasts forever.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:43 PM

The Honda scene is fine. Every other forum I'm on has heavy traffic and a lot of active users. Perhaps the downfall of this forum is that it does not focus on one or two particular generations of civics. Even on Honda-tech you notice that most users don't leave the sub forum of their particular model/generation. Maybe we need more owners of newer civics and to create new content to balance the old, since it is where the future is headed. But maybe the niche sites for newer civics already have that taken care of :/

Old 04-23-2013, 04:52 AM
HCF Member

I definitely agree with you Trust. I think a way to start would be replying to the post in the new members forum and engaging with them and maybe they would stay. Those are our future members.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
I definitely agree with you Trust. I think a way to start would be replying to the post in the new members forum and engaging with them and maybe they would stay. Those are our future members.
good idea

Old 05-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Is the moderator/admin list out of date. You guys are listed as moderators but are absent from the list.

It's a good sign for HCF that mk378 still posts here.

Last edited by RonJ; 05-07-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Quick Reply: what happened to this place - let's fix it