Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Civic 2003 fog light installation issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Default Civic 2003 fog light installation issue

Hi,

I recently bought motorsports fog lights (http://www.me2motorsports.com/index....iring-kit.html) and installed them today but I can't get them to work.

Under the hood, I connected the red wire directly to the battery, the ground wire to the frame, the two fog harness to the fog lights and I put the other wire through the firewall. Inside the car, I plugged the green connector to the fog lights switch, the yellow wire to the one I passed through the firewall but now i'm down to the last two wires and I'm not quite sure where I am supposed to connect them.

1. The (second) ground wire for the switch, where am I supposed the put it since I'm inside the car? Is there a specific place to ground wires close to the driver's side?

2. The power wire for the switch, in the video from motorsports, they say the connector is universal and may not fit all cars but it fits in one of the fuse box open spot. Is this where it's suppose to be?

I tried plugging the power wire for the switch where I'm showing you in the picture and grounding the other wire to the frame with an extension to see if it was working but it's not.

For the wire colors and harness I'm talking about, this video shows everything I use and how it's suppose to be connected :

Name:  nIm0wjV.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  384.1 KB

Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:39 PM

So is the circled area okay for the power wire of the fog lights? The connector that came with my kit has that shaped plug but I'm unsure which one is the right slot