Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

light install help (not headlight bulb)

Old 01-29-2007, 11:23 PM
HCF Member
Default light install help (not headlight bulb)

Maybe a dumb question and maybe the wrong forum. I bought some replacement bulbs for my '02 Civic coupe because the white light is out. This is not the headlight bulb, but the small light next to it. Its not the turn signal, just some extra white light. So I thought this would be a simple installation. I was wrong. There is no opening to install this piece of *&^%! Is there something else I need to doing? I tried removing the entire headlight assembly, but I obviously have no idea what I'm doing. Any suggestions? This could also help if I want to ever install projector lights. Thanks in advance!

Old 01-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Default RE: light install help (not headlight bulb)

City lights maybe?

Old 01-30-2007, 12:59 PM
HCF Member

Hehhe they are your running lights... you're sure there isnt a wire coming out from the back, though? That's weird you dont see where the bulb is plugged into the wiring harness, but I have an 04 so my setup is a little different.... you really should just get some dual halo projectors... your 02 civic has really cool options for aftermarket headlights!

Old 01-30-2007, 02:56 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, city lights sounds about right. There's no plug for it just hanging out somewhere. Can someone post me some pics/links and suggestions on halo projectorsfor a gold '02 Civic? That's probably a better idea.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:03 PM
HCF Member

AnzoUSA is the best.... I think black would look cool, and if you blacked out your tails or just got black aftermarket tails.... these are the dual halos... I have eagleeye brand but they are exactly the same as AnzoUSA... Click Me!

Here are the chrome ones that I have on my blue Civic... Click

And these are the black and chrome tails along with other lighting stuff... Come on, click me!

Old 01-30-2007, 08:17 PM
HCF Member

Our CR-V has those city lights on them, they look like little flashlight bulbs down in the corners, I kinda wondered the other day how the heck I would change them if they ever go out, guess I will have to figure it out myself, lol.

They make some neat stuff for the CR-V's too, I might have to throw a ground kit on it, and some blacked out rims. They make new JDM headlights too, whopee, she will be rolling in style :-)

Old 01-30-2007, 08:41 PM
HCF Member

I dont like the new CR-V... they are a civic and ridgeline in the front and a volvo and focus on the back... the older models of CRV are really nice with rims, though!

Old 01-30-2007, 09:49 PM
HCF Member

The brand new ones are kinda gay, but i like ours, its an 02.. It still has that volvo look in the back though, I wish I could find some nice aftermarket rears, like the SI clear's. Seems like I have seen them somewhere.

Ours is that hunter green, I want some 17" black rims with chrome lugs, maybe lips.
it's factory tinted too, it would look badass.

And one of those front half brush guards, bam.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:56 AM
HCF Member

Thanks for the links Moogly! I just read a Haynes manual and those lights can be accessed by removing the wheel and bumper panel. That's a lot of work so I might as well get the projector housing since I'm taking so much crap off just to get to the damn city lights.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:08 AM
HCF Member

Yeah..sorry, I'm a little late on this one...You can only get it from the wheel well. Rather than removing the wheel, just turn it away from the side your working on and it'll give you enough space. Pull a few of the snap clips out of the front of the wheel well, and I think 1 screw on the bottom, and you'll be able to get your arm in there. Most of the work will be done by feel, but there are only two options, so just wiggle the wire and make sure that little light is wiggling when you do.

Let us know if you have any more problems!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: light install help (not headlight bulb)