Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Why......oooooh...why?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Default Why......oooooh...why?

So here my deal my car is on a salvage title i purchased the car this last april needless to say i got a good deal because the car had (2002 Ex) 54,000 miles on it and I got it for about 8,600 after taxes. The car was inspected. It checked out great the only thing he said is the body work was a little poor but it wasn't anything very noticable. I notice it has a new font bumber. No holes even drilled for the plates. Paint looks really nice; very shiney. Now im sitting here being as careful as i can so that i do not scape any more god D#&$ F*#c&* paint off the font bumber when i wash it. It's literally peeling off. Ofcourse the A-hole dealers say its no longer under warrenty. Now im just freaked out waiting for the rest of the paint to start chipping off the car. It hasnt yet but im not sure if its going to. The bumber is plastic so did that have somthing to do with it or should i be more concerned with the rest? All i know is now i have a nice car with the ****tiest paintjob ever on the bumper. I can't afford new paint either. God bless rat bastard sales men.

Old 07-02-2006, 01:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Why......oooooh...why?

well..theres not really much to say, it could just be the front bumper that was smashed during a accident and was givin a poor paint job, you wont really no about the rest of the car till it starts happining, you can do a DIY paint job on the front bumper for less then $100 with some automotive can paint which would make it look better

Old 07-02-2006, 02:17 PM

maybe you should get a new front bumper thats NOT plastic (they made plastic bumpers??!!???) get fiberglass or uretheane or somethin NOT PLASTIC dont try a paint job unless you know what your doin, its not like paintin a house or something.

Old 07-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

if it was up to me i would do the diy paintjob for a hundred bucks, turns out really nice if you take your time

Old 07-02-2006, 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: import street racerz

maybe you should get a new front bumper thats NOT plastic (they made plastic bumpers??!!???) get fiberglass or uretheane or somethin NOT PLASTIC dont try a paint job unless you know what your doin, its not like paintin a house or something.
your an idiot all honda bumpers are plastic,the reason the paint is crappy is poor preration when it was applied.either the guy didnt lightlly sand it,or it had dust on it when he applied the paint.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:00 PM
HCF Member

DAMNNNNN talk about ragging on this guy take it easy there bro.........
ORIGINAL: jellydoughnutt

ORIGINAL: import street racerz

your an idiot all honda bumpers are plastic,the reason the paint is crappy is poor preration when it was applied.either the guy didnt lightlly sand it,or it had dust on it when he applied the paint.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:31 AM

I thought uretheane was some type of plastic. Well anyways, I almost bought a car with a salvaged title, and at the last minute I pulled out and got mu EK coupe that cost a little more, the salvaged tittle civic was a 2002, and had more miles. It's been less stress and I don't have to worry about some old jack *** you coulda crashed it. Good luck with your paint issue.

Old 07-03-2006, 01:13 PM

How easy would it be to match the color and how would i go about this? I think i'm gonna try myself. My dad works for a metal fab shop with a paint booth.

Old 07-03-2006, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

I know how you feel! My front bumper has about 3 areas of huge paint chips missing. I posted a question about this, and I have heard that this is a common problem.. Someone told me it had something to do with the fact when they painted it they didn't use a flex primer? Not really sure though. I'm just waiting to get my lip kit to get everything painted at once..

Old 07-03-2006, 05:01 PM

Yah ****ty huh? I'll take a picture and post it tomorrow some time.

Quick Reply: Why......oooooh...why?