Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 11:31 AM
HCF Member
Default ebay muffler

Product: Ebay Muffler
Distributor: Ebay (speedneedz)
Vehicle: 1993 SI hatchback
Cost: 30.95 shipped
Installation: semi-a-task because i did it myself... **** muffler shops ha. But i took the stock one out from the axle back, and then hack sawed the old pipe off right next to the muffler, and used adapters and U-clamps to attach the new muffler there. I then got a hangar from murrays and hung it like that, the hangar is behind the muffler so you can't see it, it's nice.

Installation Time: Hard to say as i did it over a period of two days it kind of started out simple and then evolved into what it is now, but all together you could install your own muffler with the following in less than two hours:
-1 adapter
-two u clamps
-a little tinfoil
-exhaust bolt set(as both my bolts snapped right ****ing off)
-Hangar

All together it was like 12-13 bucks maybe Its not that i really wanted to save the money from having a shop do it i just wanted to see if i could do it myself, because anyone can drive it to a shop and hand the guy 30 bucks or whatever... so it was more about self pride than money.

Review:I like it except there's slightly too much interior noise because i have a hatchback... soonce i soundproof the gate and bottom of my trunk i'll probably enjoy it a lot more, it's just really weird kind of to hear your car making that noiseall of a sudden because you're so used to hearing nothing. I was one of the people that always asked how much difference ebay versus name brand could really make... but i mean my friend got a muffler for 80 bucks that looks/sounds identical to mine, so to me it seems like bottom line, if there's a silencer in it it's going to sound pretty similar. The only difference in sound to me seems like the more area in the muffler there is the quieter it would be for street driving. For the price you can't beat it...

Old 07-29-2007, 04:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: ebay muffler

lol tin foil [8D]

you should re-review it after driving on it for about a month, gets SO much louder [&:]

Old 09-14-2007, 05:39 AM
Snail'n Admin

wait until the metal on the inside rusts and comes out...you'll love it if you like angry bumblebees

Old 09-16-2007, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

even now its the same as when i bought it, everytime i think its louder, i just have part of my hatch open like the little flap on the inside. But as soon as i close that it seals all the sound out, it sounds the same to me.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:59 PM

Contrary to what all believe if you muffler comes with a silencer they are really quite most take the silencer out and it gets too loud just put it back in.....The point is this anything is better than what you had on there regardless of opinion.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:48 PM
HCF Member

Where did you put tin foil?

Old 04-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well with the silencer be sure to use some locktite or something else to block the silencer in... my first fart can i bought was only 40bucks. sounded decent i was going for anoying back in the day on my old crx cause it was such a POS and well i put the silencer in it and wouldnt ya know it afew days later the dam silencer bolt worked loose and fell out and of course the silencer fell out and i never found it so i had to buy a freaken new muffler because a silencer alone was 25bucks when the whole thing was only 40bucks.LOL i still got that turd in the shop.LOL

the new one i got a used a self taping screw thru the case and silencer to make sure that sucker didnt just fall out again! it never did to even for the next buyer but the whole muffler did fall off the car one day.LOL the clamps gave way. he said he just picked it up and bolted it back on.LOL