Weapon R Dragon intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Default Weapon R Dragon intake

I bought this from performancepartz.com. I originally ordered a Weapon R Hyper Intake, but was sent a Dragon one because they were out of the others.

Car: 1998 HX

Price: $102.67

Pretty good price, it was the cheapest I found on the net. They had very fast service too, I ordered it Friday night, and got it Wednesday.

The intake came with: Dragon Filter, Pipe, 2 Silicone hoses, 3 clamps, License plate cover, Weapon R Decals, 2 silicon connectors, instruction printout and weapon r catalog.

I'm very happy with my purchase. Great sound, better throttle response and some decent gains. The car seemed to ride smoother.

Istallation took about 15 minutes, the instructions would be helpful for a first time user. I've put in about 6 intakes for my friends and such, but this has to be the best one yet and the only one to come with instructions.

Here is a pic of it installed:

[IMG]local://upfiles/6031/92D5762D92694692BF06521B1BA8A64F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6031/0CE9B5143DF34E80BA6FF438C3336444.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-26-2005, 06:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Weapon R Dragon intake

ORIGINAL: 2DHX

The intake came with: , License plate cover, Weapon R Decals,

Sure hope u throw that stuff out, Honestly id return it and get an AEM. Weapon R air filters are foam, and they fall apart.

Old 10-26-2005, 07:02 PM
HCF Member

^ the foam part about those things is what worries me. Also foam has a nasty tendency to do something called "dry rotting" this type of problem can also be found in subwoofers with foam surrounds, and thats why Remmy hates any subwoofer with foam surround.

Old 10-26-2005, 09:36 PM

ya i hear that those filters r pretty bad. u might want to keep an eye on it. the weapon r secret weapon filters r really good tho, u might want to see if it would fit on there, im not sure if it will tho.

Old 10-26-2005, 09:48 PM

I guess some just have better luck than others. I had an intake on my old accord with a foam filter and I never once had a problem with it. Maybe it depends on where it is sitting because I could see how heat could hurt the foam. But yeah, I'll keep an eye on it.

Old 10-27-2005, 09:23 AM
HCF Member

Its also the climate. Here in Charleston, uh uhhn... wouldnt last a year.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:17 AM

well whatever you do, dont lose those stickers! thats a 15 hp increase a piece. i bet the licensce plate cover puts 5hp to the wheels too! heh heh hopefully you know i'm kidding.................. this is a running joke around hcf

Old 10-28-2005, 09:39 AM
HCF Member

^ yea, every body knows that the ONLY sticker/decal on the planet that will actually boost your HP is the finely designed HCF decal. Here is the super secret history and story of the HCF decal.

When Forty and I were sitting late nights at bars and strip joints, not sleeping, and dropping everything we had going on for the purity and engineuity and design of the decals. We then realised "Hey, if the team of Hondas finest engineers can make a car that can last 500K without the steering wheel falling off, they can sure as hell fire make a us a highly engineered decal!". So Forty and I set off to the Honda facility in the depths of Utsunomiya to kidnap us some Jap engineers. We told them that we were hired to take them on a vacation to the States. They gleefully followed us out. We then threw them in our facilites to engineer the best damn decal the planet has ever seen. For 2 long months they were in there. Until one day one of the engineers crawled out on his hand and knees with a decal in the other hand yelling in Japanese "Its finished!". Right then and there, the HCF decal was born, producing an unbelievable 10HP once applied to a car. Then Forty and I reported the engineers to border patrol because we didnt feel like sneaking them back in. They were returned promptly to their homes at the Honda Test Facility.

Forty and I arent going to kidknap Honda engineers again so get a decal while you can!!!!

Old 10-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

true story

Old 10-28-2005, 11:40 AM

*Orders 10 HCF stickers* lol

Actually, it came with 3 weapon R decals and I gained 10hp to the wheels with each one of them! 10 hp with the license plate cover. lol

Quick Reply: Weapon R Dragon intake