The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

got a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign =/

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 01:32 AM
Default got a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign =/

Ok im driving back home from my friends house, its around 1;30 am, I hit a right then proceed and slow down on the crusty road and make a stop, cop car is around 100-150 ft away more than a stop sign away, he wasnt behind me he was about a block away and pulls me over 3 blocks later and tells me roll down window and i didnt roll it completely down but most of it, then he says all the way down then he just stares at me and asks me if i talk like if im suppose to start talking to him so i say yeah then he asks me for license, after that he asks for insurance then he asks me how much i been drinking i say zip he says dont lie and i said i havent drank then he says if im on drugs i say no sir all i had was an energy drink and he says energy drinks dont make your pupils look something blah blah blah not sure what he said and he asks me if i wanna take a breathalizer test i say yes, then he gives me the old follow my finger test. then he says he stopped me becus i ran a stop sign at 5mphs. i messed up for saying i slowed down which i meant to say i slowed down to a stop, now how can he see that from a block away if anything i think he ran the stop sign behind me and the 1 i supoosely ran. I wasnt gonna go 5 mphs on a crusty *** road i really didnt say much to the cop. I really want to fight this ticket but not sure whats gonna happen and i think they're gonna believe his word over mine what do u guys think i should do????? Im in California btw all i know this is bull****. anyways do cops carry recorders to record your conversation?

Old 03-23-2008, 04:45 AM
February 2010 ROTM
Default RE: got a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign =/

just pay the ticket and move on....you can try to contest it in court but you will still lose and then have to pay court costs.....next time stop and you wont have this problem

/thread

Old 03-23-2008, 06:57 AM
HCF Member

If you admitted to rolling the stop sign, you can't really fight it.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:11 AM
HCF Member

They don't carry recorders but they write down what you say afterwards
considering you admitted to rolling a stop sign in front of the cop, I'm sorry but there's not much you can do for fighting a ticket
The only thing I can consider is that you go to fight a ticket and offer to do community service work and contribute to a charity in exchange for the ticket, since you already admitted you rolled it, this would be your only way out
there might be a way to do it without going to court as well, you could try just calling them up

Old 03-23-2008, 11:58 AM
HCF Member

Stop sign = stop, not roll, go slow or creep.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:27 PM
HCF Member

word of advise, don't run the stop and you wont get a ticket

Old 03-23-2008, 01:08 PM
HCF Member

Yeah your screwed on that ticket. But the cop had no right to tell you to roll the window down all the way.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Snail'n Admin

You admitted to doing, you got caught. Deal with it, its not the end of the world. Like Fiirkan said, dont do it again and it wont be a problem. Its not worth the hassle to contest it

Old 03-23-2008, 02:09 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

word of advise, don't run the stop and you wont get a ticket
I don't blow stop signs, I don't roll through them either. Stop signs are in residential areas and there are plenty of places for cops to hide. There are places I know like the back of my hand around my town. I know every hiding spot the cop can possibly sit at and I still won't blow stop signs. I've wiggled my way out of speeding tickets before, but a stop sign ticket is much harder to wiggle out of. There really isn't much of an excuse for that.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:49 PM
HCF Member

your only chance is to go to court and hope they lower the ticket. but IMO its not worth it unless you cant afford the points.

Quick Reply: got a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign =/