The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

highest Paying job?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 09:02 PM
HCF Member
Default highest Paying job?

Ok so im moving to irvine for school next month and i need to get a new job. i want somethin fun and pays a lot. Heres a link to this huge nice mall down there with all the job listings. Which pays best? Click store directories

PS. I was down there last weekend and saw about 4 ferraris and a carrera gt. Its a super rich area, very nice

Old 05-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Default RE: highest Paying job?

basically any retail job is gonna be probably minimum wage here in washington so maybe $8 per hour at the most. if you go for food service the same unless it is a waiter position. thats gonna be the best, tips are the ****

Old 05-12-2006, 09:23 PM

I used to do data entry for a small business in my area, yeah not exactly exciting, but I made 9 to start and was making 10.75 when I left a year later.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:47 PM

No joke, even tho it sounds boring... consider a bank. Theyre totally flexible for going to school, and as a teller a started at 10.50$ an hour. Plus commission. Then after a few months, (Since Im hella pro hahaha) I got promoted to a personal banker. I make 14$ an hour, plus commission. And I dont do that much. Its wayy better than any retail job I had. Although I do miss the discounts, Macys gave a pretty nice discount.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:16 PM
HCF Member

i just started my job at a golf course at the pro shop..i start at $10 a hour, its seasinal which is good for people going to school and cant work, you dont do much, very easy, i work full time about 9 or 10 hour shifts, mabey a couple smaller ones..making lots of money for the summer

Old 05-13-2006, 09:37 AM

Fun and pays a lot? LOL ,in a mall? Your idea of 'pays a lot' must differ somewhat from mine. Maybe you meant a retailer that pays the most. That would be McDonalds. Ten bucks an hour to start and health insurance. Pizza delivery in a rich neighborhood might net you some good tips. After you get out of college, contractors and programers are the only skys-the-limit kind of jobs. Good luck.

Old 05-13-2006, 10:58 AM
HCF Member

i work at a restrurant.. i get 3 an hour..and ****ty tips.. soo it comes out to being 7 an hour.. but thats out in bum **** egypt

go for anything..theres alot of job openings im sure.. get them now while the college kids are leaving for summer away from the college..then hang on to it if u like it over threw the semester

Old 05-13-2006, 11:17 AM

im a painter at a local machine shop. went to a vocational school to do body work. i started out at 8.50 and hour and in 3 years im up to almost 14 with top pay in the 16 range. talkin about movin me up in my department so i might be in the 18's soon. i love slinging paint so i love my job and i get paid very nicely!!!

Old 05-13-2006, 11:18 AM
HCF Member

Find a really nice club or hotel and VALET park baby...When I was in Miami I worked South Beach...weekend of work 6P-2A Sat and Sun 300 cash....so 18.75 hour plus you get to DRIVE all those fancy cars. Just leave the FUBU gear at home when you go on the interview...they look for jock types..clean cut and wholesome. (we still did brake stands....LOL)

Old 05-13-2006, 01:36 PM

im makin $7 an hour right now, it'll go up to $7.25 soon enough tho....i only work like a max of 13-15 hours a week. gena have to quit in a month or so cuz im goin to college next year and im taking a couple summer classes..

Quick Reply: highest Paying job?