The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Professional Drivers...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 02:04 AM
HCF Member
Question Professional Drivers...

i thought i'd start a thread on "professional Driving" touge is an example of professional driving, drifting im not so sure, limousines im not so sure, but i hear alot of ppl from my age to older 20's to 60's say they are professional drivers, what do yall in YOUR oppinion think means/qualifies to be a professional driver....someone once asked me "if you drive like the guy in transporter 3 in the chase scene, is that professional driving" <---lol that had me thinking, so what do yall think?

Old 12-05-2008, 02:06 AM
HCF Member

and btw drag racing is not professional driving, anyone can go in a straight line

Old 12-05-2008, 05:05 AM
Angry Admin

ummmm no drag racing is professional racing.... they could kick your *** on times. ANYTHING you get paid to do technically is professional driving.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:20 AM
HCF Member

+1^ That's what I would call a professional driver. If your good enough of a driver to get paid to drive than your a professional driver. Cab drivers, bus drivers ETC are excluded from this generalization. lol. I think the better question would be is what makes a high performance professional driver? And yes I would think D1 drivers would be one example. Drifting (not tray sliding) the proper way is difficult at best.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:47 PM

in the world of motorsports, my definition of a professional driver is anyone who is paid by a team/sponsor to compete for some sort of prize(if they're paid by a team/sponsor, they're probably pretty good at driving). even more in depth, a true professional driver would be one who holds competitive racing as their career, not just a hobby. i consider test drivers professional drivers aswell, they're being paid to gather information and to do so you have to be a good driver. i put stunt drivers under this definition as well, they arnt competing or anything but they are being paid to do some extreme manuvers and in some cases in extreme conditions.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:27 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by civicexracer
in the world of motorsports, my definition of a professional driver is anyone who is paid by a team/sponsor to compete for some sort of prize(if they're paid by a team/sponsor, they're probably pretty good at driving). even more in depth, a true professional driver would be one who holds competitive racing as their career, not just a hobby. i consider test drivers professional drivers aswell, they're being paid to gather information and to do so you have to be a good driver. i put stunt drivers under this definition as well, they arnt competing or anything but they are being paid to do some extreme manuvers and in some cases in extreme conditions.
ditto

Old 12-05-2008, 10:15 PM

I believe a professional driver is simply anyone whose profession is driving. Whether it be taxi drivers, stunt drivers, drag racers, stock car racers, drifters, or anyone. What really matters in the term "professional driver" is the "____" in "professional ____ driver."

Last edited by trustdestruction; 12-05-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

me.

=)