The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Ticket - side stop

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Default Ticket - side stop

Okay..I was driving on interstate-5 for 4+ hours (going from SD to SF in CA) and we stopped on the side of the freeway for a total of 30 seconds before a CHP pulls up behind us. He asks for license and writes me a ticket for non-emergency stop..do you guys have any advice on this? I have to travel OVER 4 hours just to get to the courthouse all the way near SD! This is so ridiculous.

Old 01-09-2005, 02:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Ticket - side stop

well, too late for this one, but if it happens again, just say you had to puke. hows he going to say to just puke in your car, or say that you didnt have to. just dont be drunk, cause if you say you had to puke, hes going to give you a sobriety test. and check into a ticket lawyer, they can work magic, and theyll go to court for you.

Old 01-09-2005, 02:51 PM
NTX
HCF Member

go to court and tell them you thought your tire was going flat so you stopped in the interest of safety .

Old 01-09-2005, 03:03 PM
HCF Member

why did you stop?

Old 01-09-2005, 03:24 PM

Well he was driving for 4 hours so he prolly just wanted to stretch.

Old 01-09-2005, 03:52 PM

Well..about 15 minutes before we hit some type of bat or something that looked like a bat..it was brown and was flying..but we didn't mind that..no damage or anything..we had no opportunity to tell the officers anything as they just said that they were writing us up for non-emergency stop..what a rude one. We were actually switching drivers when we stopped because we were getting tired and the next stop was over 30 miles away.

Old 01-09-2005, 05:41 PM

I was once tickited for street racing.When I got to court i told judge that the hdro clutch line busted and leaked out causing car to lundge forward.He says prove it.So I go to car and pull out a recept for a line that I used on brakes[&:].He says did you go to dealer to install it.I say I work at dealer.And he dismisses ticket.

TRUE STORY!
And I would never do any street racing of any kind anyway. :

Old 01-11-2005, 03:44 AM

A lawyer can get expensive though. I once had a cop give me a ticket for DUI even though I blew a 0.00 on his little roadside thing. I couldn't believe how he justified it! REAL ******* but it cost me a lot to prove my innocence with a lawyer even though it was worth it for a charge like that. But for something like this you won't get more then a fine I'd guess. And the fees for a lawyer would be much more.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:19 PM
NTX
HCF Member

if the fine isnt much, i'd pay it and let it go.

Old 01-11-2005, 02:55 PM

jsut go to court and hope the cop doesnt show. then ur free.
dont waste the $$$ on a lawyer unless you are about to lose your lic.

and its a non moving violation so your insurance wont go up

Quick Reply: Ticket - side stop