Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

06 Civic EX Seat Belt Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Default 06 Civic EX Seat Belt Alarm

I want to make it (seat belt alarm) stop dinging when I choose not to put on a seat belt. This is particularly annoying when the passenger does not want to wear the seat belt. Is there a wire I can nip or short to make the car think the seatbelts are always on? If so where is it and what color(s) are the wires?

The car is new. But, I'd like to wire a toggle switch in to cut the seatbelt alarm on/off.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 06 Civic EX Seat Belt Alarm

The connector is in the seat belt clip. Just take it apart and rig it. I did that for my grandfather in his Ford Explorer.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:53 PM
HCF Member

There's an alarm if the passenger isn't buckled up?

Watch out, messing with the seat belt affects the SRS system so your airbags have a good chance or not working properly in a crash. But they won't do anything for you anyway 'cuz you'll be through the windsheild

Old 12-09-2005, 04:22 PM
HCF Member

I know your gonna get mad but i lost my friend in a car crash. The dumbass wasn't wearing the seatbelt, what a selfish thing to do to those you love.

Old 12-10-2005, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

^ Yeah, the farthest I've ever gone without it is across my parking lot. I can't not wear it, I always feel like I'm going to fall out of the seat, I like the connected feeling. It's just 2nd nature now too... I don't even thing about it, I just buckle up.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:46 AM

When you're making frequent stops in a neighborhood (get in drive half a block, park, get out, get in drive half a block.....etc.) it's a real pain to fight with the seat belt every time. When you have a passenger with you and the stupid thing starts beeping because they didn't buckle up either. Well it's a real pain and I'm going to have to find a way to make the car think the seat belts are on all the time. Yes, I normally wear it all the time otherwise. But, every week it's the same thing, over and over and over again.

I like wearing a seatbelt and normally choose to do so. But I hate being FORCED to wear one or hear a beeping noise the rest of the ride. There is a BIG difference in having a choice and having it made for you. I prefer to retain my right to choose when ever it is possible to do so. It floors me how eager people are to give up their rights to choose for themselves. I like my freedom and I’ll do whatever I can to preserve it in all shapes and forms.

With all that said. Anyone got any constructive ideas about how I can make the car think the seat belts are always on, without disabling the airbags? I suspect it's just a matter of shorting/opening a connection on the wires running to the seat belt clip.

Old 12-13-2005, 12:00 PM
HCF Member

tell your passenger to buckle up whether they like it or not.

most states (if not all require it) and besides, if you get an accident, your passenger may have the right to sue you.

my friend got sued by his passenger. he spent several years paying off the damages he lost in court.

Old 12-13-2005, 12:58 PM

i would suggest if anything go to the junkyard and cut one of the clips off and just use it as a key put it in there when u don't wear it that way u don't mess with wires and risk anything with abs just get a seatbelt that looks like yours

Old 12-13-2005, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: djohnso

it's a real pain...
I dont want to sound like a dick but, itll be a real pain when your having reconstructive surgery on your face if your not already dead.

Old 12-13-2005, 02:28 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: drbyers
my friend got sued by his passenger. he spent several years paying off the damages he lost in court.
What a lame bud your friend had. That sucks.

Quick Reply: 06 Civic EX Seat Belt Alarm