Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

100K Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Default 100K Maintenance

I have my 2003 Civic LX nearing 100K (97K right now). I got the last major service done in 2008 at 60K. After that I have been consistently getting the oil change done (every 3-4 months). As it is nearing 100K, I would like to get a major service done. I do not want to go to the dealer as it might cost a lot (also, the car is old)

As I might go to a local shop, it would be really great if someone can suggest all the changes that need to be done. Here is the list I have collected. Please suggest if anything needs to be added/removed from this. Also, please suggest a typical price when getting this done at a non-Honda shop.

Oil and Filter change
Transmission Fluid and Filter change
Power steering fluid
Timing belt, water pump and timing belt tensioner
Radiator flushed and new antifreeze
Full tune-up
Exhaust inspection
Interior air filter changed

I am not planning to get the following done as I got the new tires 2 months ago (all four)
Tire rotation and air check

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:47 PM
HCF Member

Do you have an owners manual? If so there should be a maintenance schedule in there.
Personally, I don't pay much attention to them. I get mine serviced regularly by an independent shop. I always ask them to look it over & if there is something that needs attention call me. I keep records on my computer in Word of all repairs dates & mileage. I give them a copy when I take it in. Since they do most of my repairs they still have a paper in front of them to refer to.
I figure 100,000 miles a timing belt & water pump are in order.
I hope this helps a little. I guess bottom line continued service & I depend on my shop to keep me running trouble free.