Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2001 EX Keyless Entry Weird Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Default 2001 EX Keyless Entry Weird Problem

Ok so we just got the '01 EX and the drivers door doesnt work at all (keyless or power lock) unless we use the key from the outside. just replacing the actuator should fix that one (i hope)
the confusing part is the passenger side keyless entry only works to unlock the passenger side after using the power locks once. the lights flash so it is receiving the signal. i put my ear up to the door after letting it sit for a time and i couldnt hear it doing anything while pressing the fob lock and unlock. then i tried unlocking the door from the outside. then the door would lock with the fob but would not unlock. i went round to the drivers side and unlocked then locked the door with the power lock then the keyless entry would work normally.
is it simply that the actuator on the passenger side is going bad too??
i'll take any suggestions even bad ones.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:19 PM

Raising this from the dead....

Did you ever find out the problem? I have the exact same issue, locking the doors from the inside won't lock the driver side, nor can I push down on the driver side lock to lock it. Can only lock drivers from side front door from the outside with key.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by beastyben1
Raising this from the dead....

Did you ever find out the problem? I have the exact same issue, locking the doors from the inside won't lock the driver side, nor can I push down on the driver side lock to lock it. Can only lock drivers from side front door from the outside with key.
I'm having the same problem. Looking for a solution.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:54 AM

It was the actuator. I think they are duds or a bad design in this year because the passenger one is almost dead. If the sun shines on the passenger door at all the heat disables it lol. $50 less shipping for oem door lock actuator will solve your troubles and easy to replace.