Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

92 Honda civic no spark

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 04:04 PM
Default 92 Honda civic no spark

Hey guys Im looking for some tips to diagnose my car problem. First off I've got a 92 Honda civic with the b16. It has a few aftermarket upgrades exhaust, aem fuel rail, cold air, ect. Anyways just got this car about a week ago and it's ran fine. When very cold it would take 3 tries to start before it would stay running. But when it's warmed up starts right up. One night came home parked it. Next day went to start it and it popped twice (like usual) and the 3rd try didn't pop at all. Noticed a ground wire broken from valve cover to the front of engine bay. Reconnected it and has good ground but still no spark. Checked the soldering on the relay under dash( read a forum to check that)everything looked fine. It's been too darn cold to mess with but it's been nice today and hopefully tonorrow. I checked the iac valve, didn't look dirty but cleaned it with carb spray still no progress Andy tips on where to look other than cap n rotor? I've also checked all fuses and all tested good. My buddy said there's a module in there that can sometimes get moisture and quite working properly. Any help is appreciated Thank you!