Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

94 Civic LX-Running lights come on after replacing backup fuse in the underhood fusebox with 7.5amp

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:40 AM
Default 94 Civic LX-Running lights come on after replacing backup fuse in the underhood fusebox with 7.5amp

Here's the problem...a few months back when my wife came to get me for lunch. Car started fine, put in reverse and backed up. I then put it in drive and the car died. It would not restart so i had it towed back home. where I do all my repair.

after getting it home i checked all connections to battery and so forth. when it came to checking fuses, i found the backup fuse(under the hood box) was blown. I replaced it with the same type fuse (7.5amp) and my running lights came on.[sm=insomnia.gif] I pulled the fuse and they went out.I put the fuse back in and started pulling fuses under the dash to see what circuit was causing this. after every single one was out, the running lights were still on. I reset the ECU by taking off the negative cable off the battery, waiting a second or so then put it back on. the lights came back on. the car still wouldn't start. It would turn over though.

I replaced the distributor cap, rotor, wires and plugs. still nothing. I think i've checked every ground the car has and still nothing. So I thoughtI would check the codes with the paper clip jump method. The CEL does blink, but none stop. there is no pauses or fast or slow blinks. Timing has been all checked and is fine. I'm getting power to the dizzy but there is no spark. I guessI know why it don't start, but what is causing this? any suggestion?