Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

98'Civic Just Died n now it just cranks over..got coil spark so....

Old 07-01-2014, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by DaCivicman
[Qu.............
ok did the jumperwire as u sugeted ,well no codes pyed on the dash clustr area??HHmmm?
So now ya think the inition igniter took a crap on me?602-3208 an
as i still hve no spark a the wires or plugs!!. The coil is as y said it should ad i hav repled he pac nototor n regrouded the battery groud and clns off all conections to the whole batery system ..
i may s suggested tke the pab off and clean and tighten the connections o make darn sure it not a bad conecion....

any other sugesos ? as do her the fuel pump kic om cycle for 2-4 ces. Well n has a nice flow of gas coming out of te lines !!
PLEASE ANOTHER SGGESTIONS S IF I CANT GET THI GOING AGAIN WILL LOOSE MY JOB NEXT WEEK,AS I LIVE Y OUT IN THE COUNRY N CANT GET A RIDE TO N FROM WORK AT ALL!!
THANKS ALL FELOW HONDA OWNERS!!!!
JAY

There is a list of codes posted at the top of the forum.

Also when you have a cranks but won't start, and the sparks are firing, check that the timing belt didn't skip. This is done by taking the upper plastic cover off and turning the engine by hand to line up the marks on the pulley which you can see under the cover.

(*) Inside the car on the right side, i.e. near where the hinges for the passenger door attach, pull down the carpet and find the test plug. It is a plug with two small wires which isn't plugged into anything. Put a jumper wire into the plug to connec6
[/QUOTE]
Till nonsparkbat pkuggs ? But will follow amy suggestionsbasbonlybcar to get ro work !!!
Jay