Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

97 hatch wont start help....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Default 97 hatch wont start help....

So to make this short. I was driving home yesterday on the highway doing bout 65 70. I came up to a dip on the highway and i felt my bottom end hit the dip. After i felt it hit the engine started making some clicking noise it wasn't that loud but i could hear it then my engine just shut off completed i pull of to the side of highway. I didn't see any liquid under the car i check under the hood nothing was loose. So i waited for a tow while i was waiting i noticed the power of the car getting dimmer and dimmer till i had no lights at all and barely any power and my alarm started flipping out turning on and off locking the doors by it self. I woke up this morning try a couple of things try to jump started nothing the tires didn't lock up it just kept rolling. I talk to a buddy of mine punisherinokc himself he told me to to try to jump the starter i did that it kept clicking like it wanted to start but it wouldn't even turn to crank it just kept clicking.

The alarm on the car is a viper i try to find the brain under the dash but i cant tell what it is i know nothing bout alarm or anything it came with the car when i got it. And by the way its d16y8 5 speed. And im new to this site well kinda sign up and just look around every now and then. So any thought comment would be really appreciate to find out whats wrong..