We're adding and testing new features:  Create your Garage, used it? Give us some feedback here.
Honda Civic Forum Home - Honda Civic Classifieds - Civic Photo Galleries - Create an Account

Go Back   HondaCivicForum.com > General Automotive > Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the HondaCivicForum.com.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2005, 06:13 PM

Default 99 honda civic won't start

my 99 honda civic has 160000 miles, never gave me any problems before, till yesterday. I could not start the car, the starter turns over, but would not crank over, had to tow it to the local repair shop. The mechanic thought it was the distributor, but that wasn't it. He now thinks it's the computer in the car, Has any one of you ever heard of computer going out on 99 honda civic? He won't order the computer, because, if that is not the problem, he can't return the computer, so they towed it to the Honda dealer today. I have to wait till tomorrow to find out what is wrong with it. I need some Help, Please.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Default RE: 99 honda civic won't start

hhhmmmm... hard to say, could be a few different things. Keep us posted on what the dealer tells you.

Antarctic Blue Super Sports wagon with C.B. and optional Rally Fun Pack
Old 09-15-2005, 01:45 PM
HCF Member

Will crank, but not start, + your mileage, could definitely be the engine coil...

More pics and info at... My Cardomain Site
Old 09-15-2005, 07:54 PM

Jake 11375 , you 're right.
the Dealer told me today, I need new coil and igniter. I should be getting it back tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:30 AM
HCF Member

Glad you got it worked out. Happy driving...

More pics and info at... My Cardomain Site
Old 09-17-2005, 08:36 AM

Jake,
Just curios,
I got my car back, it's running. But the yellow Engine check light is staying on. wondering if anything elese might be wrong with it.
Didn't notice it till I got off the work yesterday. Have to wait till moday to call them. Not open on weekends.

Also, where are the engine coil & igniter located in 99 civic? Are they inside the distributor?
Old 12-27-2006, 07:37 PM

my yellow engine check light is also staying on, but my problem is, the speedometer has blown. I need to change the sensor soon
Old 01-02-2007, 04:50 PM

Yes your coil and ingnitor are inside your distributer.....
Old 01-26-2007, 08:19 AM

iight i got a 95' civic coupe my car turns over but wont start bought it off some for 100 cause they left the hood of in the rain one night and it wouldnt start so i changed the spark plugs and the car started right up so i let it run for a lil'bitt thinkin it will jus burn off and water that might be in the motor so it was running for about 15 mins and if i get on it a lil'bitt water will come out the muffler and after 15 mins the car shut off by its self i tryed to start it agin after that and it wouldnt start but would still turn over...the check engine light flashes code #16 for injecters but i changed the injecters and it still wouldnt work can some one please tell me way it wouls stilll be sayin the injected or tell me way the injecters my not be giving fuel please pm me back.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:31 PM

hey everyone I need some help, my 2000 civic is turning but wont start. earlier 2day I started my car which it started up just fine, but I forgot that I still had it on first gear and then poped the clutch and it stalled. I tried starting it again but it wouldn't start, it turns but doesn't start. I was wondering what could have happened. Any thing that would help me out I would appreciated it. thanks

My civic has a turbo on it, if that matters
Old 12-03-2007, 10:31 PM

Tags
1988, 2000, 99, civic, cranking, dies, honda, jump, problems, randomly, run, spark, start, starter, weak, wont