Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

BACK SEAT NOISE FROM SEAT LATCH

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Default BACK SEAT NOISE FROM SEAT LATCH

We recently purchased a 1996 Civic LX and have noticed that there is a noise coming from the back seat area when we are driving. Our back seats are latched and fold down allowing access to the trunk from inside the vehicle. However, that is exactly where the noise is coming from. The noise is coming from the latches not being tight. Therefore, when the seats are in the upright position (normal) they are rattiling because it isn't a tight fit. Does anyone know how I can fix this? It simply drives us and everyone else in the vehicle stir crazy.

Am I 100% sure that this is what is causing the noise? No, but I'm pretty sure that is the only thing it could be. If someone else knows anything for me to check please let me know as well. Iteven does it when folks are seated in the seats.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: BACK SEAT NOISE FROM SEAT LATCH

Loosen the bolts on the latch receiver part in the trunk, push it back away from the seat, and retighten. Then see if the seat will latch securely. If you moved it too far back it will not latch.