Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Car goes into gear, but does not move

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 07:12 AM
Default Car goes into gear, but does not move

Okay so my clutch went, it was slipping so I installed a new clutch. While installing the new clutch I noticed a crack in the casing of my transmission. I bought a new transmission and installed, new fluid and blah blah blah. Okay so now I realized I damaged the ends of the axles and can't get the bits back on so boom, bought new axles and installed. I go for a test drive and I put it in reverse ( after bleeding click and brakes of course) it goes in fine and I let the clutch out. It starts backing up then I hear a pop and I hear something just spinning. Like a whirring sound with a meta contact sound with it and my car will not move. The RPMs go up, speedometer goes up, but car will not move. Everything goes into gear fine. I have a 2002 Honda EP3 civic SI. Does anyone know what it could be? I took the tires back off and spun the axles by hand and the half shaft turns with axle, there is resistance when I turn it by hand. The driver side I turn and it's easier to turn without much resistance. These are brand new parts I put in. Not re manufactured. Any ideas?