Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Car over heats and white smoke coming from passenger side with oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Unhappy Car over heats and white smoke coming from passenger side with oil leak

So, I get to my house today and pull up into the drive way and what do I see? White smoke coming from my hood and my car saying it's overheated. It was fine not even 5 minutes ago. I open the hood and there is white smoke coming from the passenger side and a loud hissing noise. The smoke was coming from the direction of the spark plug wires on the side of the engine. I travel to the rear of my car and there is a trail of liquid. I am assuming it's oil, coming from my car. I look underneath my car and low and behold there is a puddle underneath it. I pull the dipstick out and check it and it says there's more than enough oil in it. I have some previous existing problems with the car but could anyone tell me whats wrong and how to fix it? The previous problems were exhaust leak from under manifold and the engine switch hasn't been making contact all the time.It is a '98 Honda Civic EX Coupe. Please help me.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Former Sponsor