Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Civic Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 11:57 AM
HCF Member
Default Civic Won't Start

Alright everyone. I would like to first of all say I hope everyone is good. I haven't been around for a little while as I have been over seas contracting doing security. So I have landed back and I'm ready to get on to this project civic of mine. So this is the main issues as of right now. I want to get the car to start. I bought the car on a relatively warm day. The next couple days it was cold as heck. In the state of Maine the mornings are pretty brutal. So then the car doesn't start. So So i tried working on this issues for a couple days when it was cold. The morning the car won't do anything but when the weather is above 40 degree it will start right up.

When I go to start the car all the lights turn on and radio and it's not losing power on the crank because nothing is dimming at all. So with that being said these are the things that I have managed to change out from the car.

Battery
Spark Plugs
Fuel Pump
Ignition Switch
Main Relay
I cleaned off the battery terminals.

I have not done anything with the starter because the car clearly starts when the weather is warm.

What else do you guys have for suggestions?

I wanna thank everyone for the view and time on this matter.

Isaah

Old 11-22-2014, 12:11 PM
Recognized HCF Member

When you turn the key and nothing happens, open the hood and use some suitable tool to pound on the starter then try again. Often it is the starter itself.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:50 PM
HCF Member

Alright Guys, Well I decided to push the car in the garage where it is a lot warmer to work on the car. I did try knocking on the starter which resulted in nothing different happening. I then decided to go back to the basics and check the terminals and all grounds on the car. Well I took the ground on the frame from transmission and gave it a new cleaning up with some contact metal and it started right up after reconnecting. It wasn't really all that bad and as of right now with the car starter I can quite say that I have found the issues because of the heat that the car was resting in. I sit the car back outside in the cold and Ill give this a try in a couple hours to see if this was the fix. It still might be to warm but Ill deff know in the morning when I go to start the car.

Thanks guys.