Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Possible Bad Axle

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Default Possible Bad Axle

Originally Posted by greenbb6lude
I Have a 92 h22 eg. I did all the work myself and I use it as much as my prelude. It is a little heavy but I have H&R drop springs and Im running tires that are to big on the car N E way. The only time I scrape is when my 300lb friend is in the car and I hit a hard corner. I did all the work myself and I didn't have that much trouble with the swap. Here are my dailies.

you seem to know a lot about h22 civics. i own one also, but now a days, i've been realizing that the chassis is the most complicating part, such as, things always going bad right after when you have something fixed, couple months later another bad symptom is always occuring. like right now, my front end of my car shakes pretty bad when i accelerate. it seems like its comming from the driver side area. not sure if its my axles, but they are HASPORT, they aren't even a year old.

if you have any ideas, any ways to keep the shell pretty strong?

uh, idk..., maybe a full tien suspension?

because right now, its my only car to drive and i need to fix the problem asap.

this vid doesn't help much, but if anything looks strange, feel free to tell me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3675B8j3Dk

Old 03-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Quick note for everyone: This post was moved from another thread, hence the quote. Ignore the quote since I don't feel like editing it out.

OP, if it's only when you're in gear and on the gas (meaning it doesn't do it in neutral or during coast-down), I'd say it's most likely an axle. Also, are you lowered at all?

I can guarantee the chassis isn't a problem unless your car has been wrecked. The coilovers won't fix the problem.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Also check the motor mounts.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Quick note for everyone: This post was moved from another thread, hence the quote. Ignore the quote since I don't feel like editing it out.

OP, if it's only when you're in gear and on the gas (meaning it doesn't do it in neutral or during coast-down), I'd say it's most likely an axle. Also, are you lowered at all?

I can guarantee the chassis isn't a problem unless your car has been wrecked. The coilovers won't fix the problem.
yeah its lowed. the gay thing about it that, the springs isn't even all the way to the top or bottom of the shocks/coilovers... dont ask, got it the way it was a while ago. the springs are at least 2 fingers of a gap (only when you jack up the car though). BUT, im probably gona put 90-93 Teggy GSR axle (supposely the best axles to use for h-series swapped eg's) for replacement on my driver side.

well got any ideas for better car maintnence?

Last edited by TH22A1; 03-15-2010 at 09:00 AM. Reason: forgot to put something in the quote/reply
Old 03-15-2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by RonJ
Also check the motor mounts.
they seem fine.

why? what could help if i checked the motor mounts?

Sorry for all the questions, still new to this hobby, so im basically a newbie with little knowledge.

but im open to all answers, feel free to tell me anything.