Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Damn noise comming from drivers side front wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 09:46 PM
HCF Member
Default Damn noise comming from drivers side front wheel

ok, i am trying to diagnose a noise that is comming from the front drivers side wheel, everytime i go over a bump at lower than 70kph(well it could be higher speed but i can't hear it then), i hear a "thud", now this happens wether the wheel is straight or turned in either direction. i have jacked the car up and looked at it but can't see anything, the cv boot looks ok so i don't think that it is the axle, the spring it fully intact, and everything looks to be in proper order. now i don't know if this is linked to the issue, but i need to replace my break pads on the drivers side cause i am sure that they are almost completely gone. but then again i have to change the passenger dies ones too but i hear no noise from the passenger side. i will get some piucs of the underside soon to see if someone can solve the "spot the problem" puzzel... any help is appreciated[8D]

Old 05-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: Damn noise comming from drivers side front wheel

i'm having the same problem fiirkan but mine is on the pass side just a thud every now and then i think mine is a leaking strut i almost didn't see it its not leaking that bad that might be your problem i have checked my cv/tie rod ends / hubs /every thing sorry i couldn't help

Old 05-07-2006, 11:26 PM
HCF Member

Did you guys check to make sure the bushings are greesed? Ungreesed or worn out bushings will cause noises to come from suspension compenents.

Old 05-08-2006, 06:16 AM
Stinky Administrator

yes i checked my bushings now the pass side strut is leaking a little worse so i think thats it .my car has 137.654 miles on it so i think its time for new struts thanks agent

Old 05-08-2006, 07:36 AM
HCF Member

hey agent how would ungreesed or worn bushing look like exactly, cause i looked at the bushings but wasn't surwe if they were ok or not

Old 05-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Stinky Administrator

they would be dry and cracked and both my back bushings in the lower control arm are cracked bad so its replacement time