Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Gps glass?

Old 07-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Default Gps glass?

Hey everyone, just have a question about the in car gps.

I have a 2012 civic lx with the in car gps and kinda screwed up. I was bringing home a metal bed baseboard piece from a friends house, and the only way it would fit in the car is if it went between the two front seats, laying on the center console protruding up from the back with about 6 inches of clearance to the gps which was directly in front of it. My friend was supposed to be holding the metal firmly, but I hit the breaks a bit abruptly and he lost his grip on the frame, ultimately causing it to slide all the way to the gps, breaking the glass. I spoke to Honda and they told me they "may" be able to fix it (lady I was speaking with didn't really sound like she knew her stuff) and to bring it into the parts dept. I'm posting just to see if anyone has had a similar situation, if there's anything Honda maintenance can do, or can't - and if they can't do anything, what are my options for replacing the glass, or if you guys have any suggestions.

P.S. - the gps is still functional and responsive, I still press the directional joystick to OK my phones bluetooth connection etc,.

Thanks in advance, and I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section.