Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help-93 Civic Smokes white after warmup

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Default Help-93 Civic Smokes white after warmup

Hi,

I have a D15B7 engine that burnt some valves and started running weak and sloppy. I got a cylinder head exchange (should have waited on the original to be rebuilt). Long story short, the engine cranks and runs smooth, but starts smoking white after warmup...enough to fog out the whole yard and a couple of other yards...undrivable.

I took the head back and it pressure checked fine. The exchange place said they think I cracked a cylinder lining and it just opened when I took the old head off because it was not smoking before the rebuild.

Here's the thing. I gave them a PM9-1 head and received a PM3-6 head in exchange. The new head had an open port for a mechanical fuel pump that I had to plate off. My old head did not have this. They won't do anything as their head checks ok. I just don't know if it's ok for my engine and manifold.

My engine runs fine and compression is there. I am su****ious that maybe there is now a mismatch between my head and my intake manifold cooling port and the gasket...such that when teh thermostat opens I am bypassing water to #4.

Can anyone verify whether the PM3-6 is ok to run on this engine and if I would have needed to swap out for specific gaskets for that head....or if you think it is something else.

Thanks in advance for any insight.