Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Intermittent cooling

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 11:43 PM
HCF Member
Default Intermittent cooling

Car AC cools great while it's stationary/in idle. Though, cooling at night is even better (moving or stationary).

When car starts moving under the sun, cooling isn't so good. In fact, it feels as if somebody's increasing/decreasing the cabin temp. Never gets cold, only cool.

Cooling gets worse if I increase the fan blower speed. Have to keep it at medium or lower to get decent cooling.

Have had the AC checked up thoroughly from 3 places, including a 3s dealership. No leaks. No faulty components. Freon gas level/refrigerant is right where it should be. Center vent temp is 45 deg F. No faulty relays or switches. One shop offered to flush the lines and evacuate the entire system, and refill freon, to see if it makes a difference. Honda says it's fine, but after I kept insisting it doesn't cool as good when it's moving under the sun... they said the expansion valve and receiver dryer needs to be replaced.

I'm really stumped ATM. This AC issue is starting to get on my nerves just a little. It's going to get hotter in the coming months. It's around 90 deg F at the moment. High humidity.

I need your help, please advise. Thanks.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:39 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Don't start new threads about the same problem.