Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

ipod to a 1998 Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:13 AM

Picked up a Pioneer DEH-P3000IB head unit that was 130 at best buy and came with a free CDI200 ipod cable, just got done wiring the harness today, but i've been looking at how short this CDI200 cable is, and how its connected to the back of the headunit and wondering how the hell i am going to have my ipod hooked up.

O.o

and I had no tape deck.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by irhxcbcziuzxs
but i've been looking at how short this CDI200 cable is, and how its connected to the back of the headunit and wondering how the hell i am going to have my ipod hooked up.
Pioneer's website says it's nearly 7 feet long man.

Anyway, you will control your iPod from the headunit with that, you don't even have to touch your iPod. Drill a hole in the back of the glove box and run the cable there and then put your iPod in the glove box. You will be able to unplug the ipod whenever you want.

Or, see if you can route the cable to come out right behind the cupholders and you can set the ipod in your cupholders.

Or, since you told me you have an iPod Nano, see if it will fit in the cubby hole next the stereo. If it will, drill a hole in the back of the cubby hole or maybe on the top inside of the back of the cubby hole so you can't see the hole, and run your cable through there and set your ipod in the cubby hole.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:18 AM

Im pretty frustrated right now, the DIN sleeve WILL NOT fit into the opening in the honda and im scratching **** to pieces trying to get it to fit. the radio that was in there, the factory or whatever, had no DIN, so im not sure what to do anymore.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well did you buy a dash insert? or you just trying to stick it in the hole? ya i know shame on you you just stuck it in the hole

buy a dash kit for it so it looks and fits right!
and before ya say it... mine came like this.LOL
Name:  2def2ecb.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  70.3 KB
Name:  96DXcivic-11.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  81.2 KB

now with the dash kit.
Name:  363abc96.jpg
Views: 1468
Size:  76.3 KB

the radio before ya just siting in the dash not attached to anything! so i could just pull it right out.
and when i was trying to put the radio back inplace the radios wire harness kept holding me back so that was kinda a PITA to get shoved in fully. but it fits fine now.

just get that dash kit piece, and then use your metal mounting cage to secure it to the dash kit. and then just pop it in place.... and if you have the rear bolt for the radio if ya bought it new id highly suggest using that bolt with some kind of wire or something from the back to wrap around under the dash and secure some where with another bolt somewhere so the radio cannot just be slide out and stolen... make those thieves work for it at least!

Old 11-21-2008, 10:41 AM

i got the dash insert for it, came with a bunch of **** i dont need, but i have the radio housing, and i put that where it should be, but the metal cage is whats not fitting, it absolutley will not go in. With or without the dash insert

Old 11-21-2008, 11:06 AM
Recognized HCF Member

you mean the whole radio wont go into the dash or your radio will not go into your radio kit bezel?

if it wont go into the radio bezel you might have to either try and shove the metal cage into the opening or get a file and file down the sides alittle bit so the metal mounting cage will slide right in.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:07 AM

its funny, the metal sleeve will fit in the dash insert, but will not go into the car... which doesnt make sense because the dash insert is the same dimensions, but it absolutley will not go

Old 11-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Recognized HCF Member

check your wire harness to ensure its not geting in the way from keeping it from sliding in. thats what was giving me such a hard time!

but if you cannt get it in still then maybe you should pull the whole bezel, put the radio in the bezel and then put it in the dash pulling the wires out of the way.

first time i installed mine i had to push HARD to get it in the last 1/2inch.... not sure what was the problem but now is slides right in and out no problem. not sure what waz up.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:38 PM

Ok heres one for you all, i finally got it in, and hooked up...
however it seems my front speakers are not working, and the volume changes under certain circumstances...

for example, the volume will raise the closer my hand gets to the tuner ****, i dont have to touch it, but the volume raises.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:48 PM

but if i do touch it, it gets even louder.

it also seems that if i push the tuner to the right to change the station, it effects the screen like if you were to push down on the screen of a calculator, or something like that... that wierd effect.

Last edited by irhxcbcziuzxs; 11-21-2008 at 12:54 PM.

Quick Reply: ipod to a 1998 Honda Civic