Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2009 civic dx-g problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Question 2009 civic dx-g problems

Hello

7 months ago i purchased a civic DX-G model, automatic transmission, and ever since i got it there has been one particular problem i'm having with the car.

when i am coming to a slow stop at a red light or if i am stuck in really bad stop and go traffic, the car stops abruptly always at 5 Km/hr then proceeds to smoothly stop at 0. In other words, its almost as if i have slammed the breaks at this moment when in fact i have not changed the pressure in my breaking. the other way i can describe it is its as if i am a beginner driver on a manual transmission and my shifting is not quite perfected, yet i am driving an automatic transmission.

Also, if i am accelerating in between 0-30 km/hr and decide to release pressure on the gas peddle, i feel as though there is no smooth gliding and the car wants to stop right away.

i have driven many different makes and models of cars, some older brands like 1991 and 1996 mazdas and toyotas and never once have i experienced such harsh driving.

I really want to know if this is standard in this model or if there is something wrong with my particular car that my Honda dealer doesn't want to fix?

any info is greatly appreciated