Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Need to disable my alarm system.

Old 10-29-2004, 06:55 PM
Default Need to disable my alarm system.

Hey guys,

does anyone out here know how to disable the alarm systems for honda civics?

Someone has stolen my remote alarm disabler from the keychain, while leaving all the keys there in place. I know it sounds weird and why in the world would anyone want to do that, but it happened. Unfortunately those were the only keys that I got for this car and now I have no way of disabling the car alarm. If I open the door with my keys it will most likely sound.

I know I can replace the remote keychain disabler, just buy a new one and reprogram it to respond to my system. But first things first, I need to at least find out what system I have and I can only do that by opening the car door since all the information is inside the glove box. Also my alarm is set to block the ignition and fuel access to the engine, I can't even drive it without that darn thing.

At this point I am sick of this damn alarm system and ready to throw it out to hell, it causes more problems to me than it does any good.

Your advice is appreciated maybe you know a special place or a shop that can do those sorts of things.

Thanks,

Kat

Old 10-30-2004, 12:19 PM
Default RE: Need to disable my alarm system.

Look you guys,

I understand if you feel uncomfortable sharing this info with the entire forum. If that's the case, feel free to email me to red4kat@hotmail.com

Old 10-30-2004, 11:54 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 10-31-2004, 11:46 AM

It was small black rectangular about 1'x1.5' in measurements, had only two buttons on it, ARM and DISARM for to set on and off for the alarm system. I actually saw a similiar one on ebay, not hundred % sure if this is exactly the same, I would need to see it in real life, not a photo. But it definately is a crcx3 brand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...727709854&rd=1

(this is only the outsite case though)

I did think about bying that new device, they have them on ebay for $40 but then again if I open the door or truck or tow the car, the alarm will sound and the ignition will be disabled.

Thanks.

Old 10-31-2004, 10:26 PM

What you could do (it's what i did)... if you can do it fast enough, open the door normally, let the alarm go off. Pop the hood, and just cut the ground to the alarm with some wire cutters. Then you can get in and out of the car with out hearing the alarm. However it may still be active(cut power to the igniton and fuel pump). Then you can be on your merry way. On the other hand you may be able to start you car and just be without an alarm untill you replace it. If you don't think you can do it fast enough because you don't know where the alarm is, then you can ask us here on the forum. Mine is mounted on the fire wall in front of the drivers side. hope this helps

Old 11-01-2004, 08:41 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 11-03-2004, 11:22 PM

did any of the ideas work?!?!?!

Old 11-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 11-08-2004, 01:49 PM

Well actually I have an idea where the valet button should be and I am really hoping that it will work. Now there is always a chance that it was moved. In this case I will try one of your suggestions. LevIII, did you say I will be able to tell where the valet button is if I turn on the engine with my key right away? Also, just in case it doesn't work, how do I find the alarm brain? There is a security at the parking lot and they might call the police. But I do have the proof that I own the vehicle.

Thanks for your help guys, I will let you know how it worked Friday.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:12 PM

Well what happened. how did it go......

post us already