Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

New Guy here w a question about window regulators

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Default New Guy here w a question about window regulators

Hi
I just bought a new-to-me 2000 Civic LX, I really like it but unfortunately the drivers side window quit working last night. We took the door panel off and can get the window to come up by pushing on the bottom of it with my hand, it's really hard for the first half but then the motor can push it up the last half. It feels like the motor doesn't have enough power (We blew a couple of fuses messing with it) We loosened up the rails and that didn't seem to help, so it looks like I need a new regulator/motor. After doing a search here it seems this is a fairly common problem.

On 'Drivewire.com' they have a "replacement" regulator/motor for $36, and a TSK for $160. The "replacement" price seems too good to be true, can anyone provide any feedback/advice? Is Drivewire a reputable vendor, or is there a better one out there?

Thanks in advance
Dom

Old 05-10-2013, 04:45 AM

The replacement motor might literally just be the motor, and the other one would be the complete regulator with brackets and everything. $160 is too high for a 13 year old car.