Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

No, I DON'T want to lower my 7th gen civic, just need suspension improvement.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Question No, I DON'T want to lower my 7th gen civic, just need suspension improvement.

Hello everyone, I already replaced the shocks (Monroe) on my wife's civic 01 LX 4dr, 5pd last year but it runs horrible right now, I also replaced the strut mount a month ago (my bad, but the !$*#%$#!$$^^ springs are hard to compress!! due to 2.5 coil thread and the mount went wrong when replaced struts). The struts are bad again, civic bounces a lot after a bump.

As soon as I installed the struts, I felt the ride still same "soft-ish" like the springs are no stiff enough (yes, I start having something against those springs) and we drive a lot on un-paved roads, so we need some heavy duty setup.

As far as I have been searching around, there's a lot of info in lowering springs, coilover setups and all those stuff, but my approach is different.

Is there something to replace my stock shocks and springs but preserve the same height?? I just want to have a stiffer ride and something that works ok.

Also, no I will not change my civic for a truck LOL.

Thank you in advance!!

Old 12-17-2013, 05:55 PM
HCF Member

well thats your problem you replaced them with ****ty monroe struts instead of using KONI yellow or Tokico Blue. i would recommend using KONI yellow shocks with either eibach springs or ground control sleaves. as far as the strut mount did you properly index the strut assembly ??? the strut mount only seats properly in one direction there should be an indicator arrow or you should have marked its original location before removing it. Spring Install

Old 12-20-2013, 07:18 AM

Gee, I already seen this post about spring install... the item 20) is scary, I have the spring compressor, but due to the 2.5 coils on the spring is so fkn hard to compress it straight, when I replaced the mount I noticed the position mark, that´s the reason that I have screwed the last one when replaced the struts.

I was looking at the eibach springs, and I couldn´t find any "stock" height only lowering stuff... due to the paving conditions here in my beloved Mexico I can´t have a lowered one (besides, is my wifes daily driver... she will destroy it underneath with all the bumps)

with the sleeves (are those the same as coilovers??) it looks like I can play with the height... so probably that will be the way to go??

I´m seeing like a 6 hundred bucks on it... It will need to hold for about a couple of months but must to be worthy.