Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Park sensor?

Old 06-22-2014, 05:39 AM
Default Park sensor?

Shift **** screw became loose and **** came off. I put it back together, now if the screw is in, the key will not come out of the ignition. If I take the screw out, the key will come out.

The components are ****, spring, button, screw and shifter. When you shift thru reverse, you have to push the button to do so. This pushes the 'shifter' down. When you get into park, the shifter is supposed to lift back up so the ignition knows the key can be removed. With the screw in place, the shifter cannot come back up.

I took the console loose to see if perhaps a wire got disconnected. No issues and mechanically everything in the shifter seems to be working,, i..e brake indicator, reverse stop etc.....

It almost seems mechanical, like there is a certain way the shifter has to be put back together that I am unaware of. Again, if I leave the screw out, everything works fine (except the shifter **** keeps coming off).

BBPKKKKKKK
KKK
F
SF
F

B=Button, P=sPring, K=****, F=ShiFter, S=Screw