Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

PLX wideband AFR install help, here's the instructions

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 12:08 PM
HCF Member
Default PLX wideband AFR install help, here's the instructions

I'm trying to figure out how to install this thing. It's the PLX SM-AFR w/ DM-6 gauge. The 4 pin plug is what's giving me issues.

3.3 V
ground
narrowband
wideband

3.3 is hooked to 1 wire off the dm6. i think the other wire from the dm6 should go to ground?

I don't know what to hook the other 2 up to. i want to replace my stock o2 sensor with the wideband.

there are also these little blue things on the 4 pin plug... they look like little capacitors or something. one is connected to narrowband and ground, other is connected to wideband and ground. :/

http://www.plxdevices.com/support/ma...UsersGuide.pdf

http://www.plxdevices.com/Installati...UsersGuide.pdf

I'm just having trouble understanding why it is set up like this... if anyone can chime in to help, please do.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:45 PM

What.. teh...fawk is all of that install nonsense? My AEM set-up could not have been simpler. Thread in wideband, click into supplied harness, run harness to the gauge. gauge had a separate harness for power, ground, ecu, and something else I never used.

Are you just trying to run this set-up complete separate from the ecu? Or are you trying to integrate it into your ecu? I would assume the first option assuming you do not have tunable ecu

Old 10-31-2012, 06:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Isn't the DM-6 a digital gauge? In that case you need only connect the serial link (TX) to it. Obtain 12 volts and ground for the gauge head from any convenient source.

The analog plug would be used if you have a stock ECU and removed the stock O2 sensor, use the 0-1 volt output to simulate a narrowband sensor to drive the stock ECU.

Last edited by mk378; 10-31-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:19 PM
HCF Member

Oh okay. The capacitors are noise cancelling and not required for my ECU since, as you guys say, it isn't a standalone. Apparently this car had Hondata once upon a time. Chipping doesn't count as tuneable does it?

So I would connect the narrowband output to A6 or D14 on my obd1 ECU? And that's all I need to hook up from that 4 pin harness??? I want to get it installed this weekend!