Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Power Steering Fluid Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 02:42 AM
Default Power Steering Fluid Help

Howdy everyone,
Am new to this forum, I hope is a kind place
Have 2 quick questions (Civic 2009 LX 4DR AT):

1. I have changed my Power Steering Fluid (whole) for some reason, but didn't found the original Honda as shown in the photo, but I've used original ACDelco as seen in the attachment. Please advice if this can cause damage to the Power Steering Pump?

2. Anyone knows what's the exact amount of AC gas to inject to compressor? I wanna know the exact no. to fine tune it?

Thanks everyone

Attached Thumbnails Power Steering Fluid Help-untitled.jpg  
Old 03-09-2016, 02:30 PM

I was trying to look up the proper power steering fluid, but without knowing which engine you have I would only be guessing. If you can tell us which engine you have, it will help greatly. That information might also help us look up how many pounds of Freon you need to charge your cooling system with. On one hand, I want to tell you to ask your auto parts store which fluid you need because often they have the information in their database, but asking a local mom and pop auto store might be better because they tend to have seasoned employees that know a little more than how to punch buttons on a computer.