Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Power Window Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 08:52 AM
Default Power Window Question

Hello Fellow Civic Owners,

I have a question with my one power window on the Right Rear Side of my '03 Civic-EX Sedan.

I have checked Fuse 25 in the interior Fuse panel thus far and it seems to be good.

I have dealt with power window issues before on my previous vehicle which was a '93 Infiniti J30 Sedan. The Drivers Window Regulator went Out when the Cable Snapped when I was rolling up the window in Summer of 2015 and then And that Fall The passenger Side Front Window Motor went Out. But when that went out I was still able to move the glass up and down by hand but this one will not move on my Honda.

I Guess My question is should I be looking into a Power Window Motor or is there another train of thought here?

Thanks,

Larry

Old 04-11-2017, 12:38 PM

On your previous vehicle your said you could still move the window up and down by hand, that suggests that the it fell off the rail. That being said if you cannot move it by hand on your Honda then it is still on the rail which is good. Before you look into a new motor, have you checked that doors wiring itself? There could be a plug that came apart or a broken wire.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:50 AM

So what you mean is inspect the wiring to the window motor, mainly, Yes? Good Idea, And a Very Logical thought.

Yeah I had serious experience with these Cable Driven windows like this. The other power window issues were on my previous vehicle a '93 Infiniti J30. As I said on that car the Regulator had broken on the drivers door and the window fell, thank God it didn't shatter. Finding parts for a car of that vintage that was only made for 4 years, well that was always fun. And like I said on the other side Front, the window motor went out in the J30.

So Back to my Honda, I have had my Honda now less than a month now and this is my first ever Honda Vehicle. I Must say, performance-Wise I am so impressed with this 1.7 Litre/VTEC even with the automatic, Its one very peppy little econo-car.

But like the power lock issues also with My Honda, there can't be all that much wrong with it that rear passenger door window. Like I said Its Like the window motor doesn't seem to be getting any power from the rear switch or the master switch even. And Yes I have checked the fuse in the interior box at space 25 which is for that particular window.

It seems with this Civic that it had been somewhat babied for the most part Basic Drive train or mechanically speaking, But Fiddley little things like the window and the two door locks on the other side, Cracked Windshield, a few burnt out bulbs and things like that seems to be what had been somewhat neglected. But for what I gave for the car and it only having just short of 131k miles, A fairly new paint job and somewhat clean...I cant Gripe too much if I have to do a few repairs over a period of time.

Larry

Last edited by TexRodeo; 04-12-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:27 PM

ZHolschen,

Your Idea was spot on...!!! I removed that door card and ran the wire from the battery to the Right Rear Door. I then unplugged the two prong window motor connector and ran the two direct lines from the battery directly to the window motor and it sprung to life, up and down the window went. I was just about to take the switch from the Left rear door and I was like No....Let's just plug this all back up and plug the right switch from the door card into the connector, It starts to work that way, so I then checked the Right Rear switch in the Master Switch and it also works, So the only thing that I can think was that somehow or another there must have been a loose or intermitted connection at the two prong motor connector.

So Now, If the Two Power Door locks on the Left side of the car would be so easy, I then would have many of the fiddley things about knocked out and then, hey, best of all my Keyless entry would operate correctly.

Thanks Again Buddy!!!

Larry