Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

So I accidentally loosened the brake caliper banjo bolt and

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Default So I accidentally loosened the brake caliper banjo bolt and

Of course, brake fluid poured out and I introduced air into my lines. So my question is, (because I cannot bleed my brakes until tomorrow) would it be bad to drive like this today. I have to do it anyways for work, but I'm wondering if it's a problem and/or would it create another problem. I have an 05 DX

Old 05-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Test drive, if it doesn't stop well of course don't drive in traffic.

If the reservoir went empty you'll have to bleed the whole system. If it did not you may get some improvement with a "passive" bleed on the one caliper by opening the bleeder bolt and letting some fluid and air come out (careful not to empty the reservoir). The advantage of this stopgap technique is you don't need a helper to press the brake pedal. The disadvantage is that it doesn't always work.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:24 PM

Awesome, thank you for the tip! I got home safely, luckily not much traffic. I'll be taking my car in to a shop where the guy said he will bleed my brakes then put on new rotors and brake pads for 200$ which I think is an ok deal since I need my brakes working better by Friday. I am a newbie learning more and more each day so thank you for your help