Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Squeaky Belt help

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Default Squeaky Belt help

Ok, I have been searching this forum for help, but I am still searching for that one hint or bit of advice that will help me sleep tonight. My wifes 99 Civic CX has recently developed a phsyco Squeak that lasts for a few seconds usaully when Accelerating . I notice that when it does squeak the AC is on and after turning it off the squeak stops. I purchased some of that Belt Dressing spray and used it, but it is still happening. I thought I had it narrowed to the belt tension pulley, since it would not do it after I sprayed good ole WD40 at the bearing. I bought another pulley and IT DID IT AGAIN. After wasting 50 bones and a few minutes of my life changing that pulley out I had my wife rev it up and I noticed the squeak come back at the peak. The belt to the Alt. seems to be a lil tighter than the water pump belt. This Civic does not have power steering so I think it's between thems two.

Any suggestions/help/or jokes about my attempts are appreciated

Thanks in advance,
Leroy