Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Strange sounds on brand new Civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Default Strange sounds on brand new Civic

Hi,

I just bought a brand new 2013 Civic EX 2 Door about a week and a half ago. It has like 680 miles on it. I've noticed a few things about it and was wondering if they were anything serious.

1. When I drive slowly (5-30mph) I hear a soft siren noise (literally like an ambulance or cop car siren far in the distance). First couple of times I thougth it was an actual siren and kept looking around. It builds up when I accelerate slowly and dies down when I slow down but it's very noticeable.

2. I got out of the car today while it was running and noticed a slight scratching noise from under the hood in front of the passenger's seat. The A/C was not on at the time, but it had been on like 5 minutes ago.

3. This one could be nothing but I noticed that when I drive around 10-20 mpg (during traffic) the car kind of stutters when I let off the gas pedal complete. There's a huge drop off in speed and it almost feels like the car jolts a little because of that. Basically it's not smooth at all when and feels a bit choppy.

I'm not car savvy at all so these could be nothing at all. I'm still under new car warranty and have scheduled for saturday but was wondering if anyone here could give me a heads up first about any of these potential issues.

Thanks