Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

For those ever wondering(2001 honda civic Ex- 156,600 miles)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 04:44 PM
HCF Member
Default For those ever wondering(2001 honda civic Ex- 156,600 miles)

For those wondering about ever using a transmission fluid other than the ATF z1. I just wanted to update people on what iv experienced so far with two different transmission fluids that aren't ATF-Z1. The first fluid was the Castrol multi vehicle for imports. I actually had really good results with that fluid. Now mind you before I used the Castrol I had the OEM fluid in my transmission. And between the OEM Honda fluid and the Castrol transmission fluid I didn't notice any change in my shifts.. I had that fluid in my car for about 2 years. I just recently changed my transmission fluid to royal purple max ATF and did the drain and refill but i only did it 2 times. So that's a total of 6 bottles. Total price was about $100 The royal purple max ATF it's kind of expensive it's $15.?? a bottle at NAPA Auto Parts. I know you can get it cheaper on Amazon or pep boyz maybe. Anyways that's been in my car for about a month now and my shifts are better than they've ever been :-) so far am very pleased with royal purple max ATF. On top of that its a full synthetic so my transmission is going to get better protection than when I was getting before..for those who wanna try somthing other then the OEM. (make sure whatever you use its compatible with honda ATF-z1) as long as its compatible you should have no issues)