Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

VTEC-E engine light still on!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Default VTEC-E engine light still on!

The story is I put a JDM VTEC-E motor in my commuting CX, I didn't have a clue about all the other parts needed to get the engine light off and get the lgendary "lean burn" going!. So I put in the P07 ECU, EGR valve, VX exhaust manifold, 5 wire 02 sensor, then "Altec" (a knowledgeable Honda shop in Toronto), wired everything up, but still after about 30 seconds the engine light would come on, code 48 was the code that came up. The mechanic got frustrated and gave up, so I've been driving it with the engine light coming on for almost 2 years now, and my gas mileage is worse than with the original CX motor. A month ago I got the firewall black plastic box off Ebay with the EGR control solenoid valve and vacuum control valve, I've got the tubes put on correctly, except that I can't find the spot on the intake to put the tube coming from the vacuum control valve, (wrong intake?), don't know what to do about that. The orange/blue wire coming from the solenoid I've put in the last spot on the P07 ECU plugs, (D22), with a green and white stock wire and another that was put in by "Altec". The black/yellow wire is put on the 15 amp ACG fuse. Can anyone tell me what is still wrong?, causing the engine light to come on? I did disconect the battery every time to clear it.

I've included some pictures to show how I hooked up the vacuum tubes, and to make sure I've got the right EGR, Vtec solenoid, etc., please let me know if something's not right. Because I couldn't find an intake location for the vacuum control valve tube I put it on the tube where the gas canister tube was and connected that to the part in the second picture, (far side).

Attached Thumbnails VTEC-E engine light still on!-solenoid-vacuum-control-tubes.jpg   VTEC-E engine light still on!-gas-canister-vent-tube.jpg   VTEC-E engine light still on!-left-side-engine.jpg