New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

06+ CIVIC EX SUPENSION UPGRADE SUGGESTION?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Default 06+ CIVIC EX SUPENSION UPGRADE SUGGESTION?

I have a 06+ EXSEDANand i m looking for supension upgrade but most of the vendors only make parts for 06+SI only. I wonder if other model can share supension with SI....Or they define the differnent on either COUPE or SEDAN but not EX or SI. Hope someone can give me the answer right here.

Does anyone know any good brand make GOOD coilover kit or shocks for the other model except SI?

Does anyone try the HFP supension kit? Are they good?

I personal like TEIN....

Thanks!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 06+ CIVIC EX SUPENSION UPGRADE SUGGESTION?

tein coilovers are pretty much a waste of money unless you get their high end versions with EDFC.

and forget the HFP suspension kit, because its pretty soft compared to true aftermarket supension.

since the 06s use mcpherson struts in the front, theoretically you should be able to use the same coilovers that an Si would use.

case in point, here is the ksport kontrol pro application chart: http://www.ksportusa.com/products/us...lications.html

you're in luck because it says it fits your car.

I have some on my car and love 'em, but i bought them from a reseller at a much cheaper price.

other coilover manufacturers should have similar products that fit your car. you just have to be willing to search a little.

BTW, the new civic sedans have wallowy soft suspension. (I know because I have one).

putting on true aftermarket coilovers will be like night and day, so be prepared to feel the difference.

and don't forget to steer clear of Tein Basics... unless you're out purely for bling.