New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

2006 Ex w/Navi Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Default 2006 Ex w/Navi Questions

Hey I have a couple questions.. I ordered an Atomic Blue Civic Manual Ex w/Navi Coupe in early February and I should be getting it sometime next month. I got the price dropped down to about 20,900 out the door after getting fogs, wheel locks, trunk tray, and the steering wheel cover. I was wondering if anyone could tell me or post a picture of how the remote for the keyless entry looks. When I test drove the car the dealership only had DX's in and I never got to see what the remote looked like. I wasn't sure if it's integrated into the key or if it's separate.

I was also wondering how many of you have coupe's with navi and stick?

Finally, a close up of the steering wheel of a coupe with navi (to see the controls and the extra 2 buttons on the lower left). I can't see them on Honda's site no matter how hard I try and I just wanted to see if someone can post a pic.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any answers for any of my questions.

Old 03-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Default RE: Can anyone help?

hi, i have an 06 si coupe but i don't have navi

congrats on getting the new car

this is what the key looks like

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/phot...Type=6&apage=1

Old 03-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Default 2006 Ex Questions

Thanks, that's what I heard it looked like.

As for the rest of my questions, I appreciate any help!

Old 03-19-2006, 07:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 2006 Ex Questions

yeah the navi no clue..the guy i saw with an lx the other day had his own set up... i love that key though

Old 03-19-2006, 07:25 PM

i don't have a picture right now but navi has two extra buttons on the left bottom corner of the steering whell. one is to turn on the hands free and the other is to turn it off.

i personally wouldn't get the navi. i would get an after market one so that you have a dvd player as well.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:31 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ummmmmm......

i don't have a picture right now but navi has two extra buttons on the left bottom corner of the steering whell. one is to turn on the hands free and the other is to turn it off.

i personally wouldn't get the navi. i would get an after market one so that you have a dvd player as well.
Me too. If i was ready to spend 20k on a civic, it would definatly have to be an SI. Your already driving a manual, might as well get a fast one.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:48 PM

True, but with the SI you have to put premium gas, and it gets less mileage. Everyone I told that concept too said it's worth the extra money for the extra 60hp but I'm just fine with the EX. The EX also has stupid interior colors which is why I settled with the Blue for the gray interior. The black w/ivory interior is just wrong. Anyway, the SI would be very nice I'll admit it, but I think that extra power will just get me into more trouble than I can afford

Old 03-19-2006, 08:34 PM
HCF Member

Its doesn't just have 60 more HP. It also has a much better suspension to handle better along with rear discs to stop faster.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:44 PM

I thought all models has disc brakes all round? Anyway, I know the suspension is better but that's just to handle the quicker speed. Like I said, an SI is just a fast track to me having to take a special points examination again. Cops don't like fast cars.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

The EX might have the discs, but im pretty sure that the SI has a better braking system. You could race the civic at autox or drag strip, etc.

Quick Reply: 2006 Ex w/Navi Questions