New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

2006 Ex w/Navi Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Default RE: 2006 Ex Questions

I guess what I found was the SI has better rated disc brakes, which is understandable. The last reason I stuck with the EX was because it's for daily commuting, not weekend races. I'll use this car every single day and most likely put 30,000+ miles on it a year. Not something I really want to do to an SI. Hopefully that explains enough for my choices.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 2006 Ex Questions

You don't have to explain yourself, i was jus makin sure you knew all the options before you pay 20k for a new car. And my advice would be NOT to buy the Honda nav unit. For the same price (maybe cheaper) you can get an aftermarket unit that will do everything the Honda unit will do and then some. I've read a little on the Pioneer units, and they sound like they are pretty good. They have built in navigation, CD, DVD, and aux input (PS2, XBOX, etc), XM/Sirius, and the new Z1 has wireless blue tooth(for hands free cell phone) and a built in hard drive. Also, you can add a TV tuner unit as well. The Honda unit will only have the CD, NAV, and i think the XM/Sirius satalite radio

Old 03-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Default RE: 2006 Ex w/Navi Questions

I certainly appreciate your input and I definitely would have liked all those extra features in my head unit but unfortunately the car is already on order. I've heard the navigation on Honda's product was better than most aftermarket units so hopefully that will be something to look forward to. I cannot wait for this car to come in already!!
(It does have the XM, not sure if it's through sirius)

Old 03-19-2006, 10:19 PM
HCF Member

If you haven't written any checks, then i think you can reverse it. I've heard on this forum, that there was this guy that ordered an S2000. They got the car from another dealer in Ohio or something and shipped it. The guy looked at it, didn't like the front license plate spot and said he didn't want it. So if you really do want the aftermarket unit, try and get the EX w/o nav. Save the $$$ and put it towards an aftermarket unit.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:27 PM

$1000 down, not sure if that means I can modify what I ordered. I'm pretty sure Navi isn't dealer installed or else it should be quite simple to add/remove. I'm fine with what I'm getting, if I get disappointed when it comes in I'll just deal with it then. For the price I got the car for and the prices I've seen in the other forums I'm getting a better deal with Navi than most are getting without.

Old 03-20-2006, 04:23 PM

Hey A.O.D. turns out the dealer can't get the car in that he said he was going to. They are however getting a Red Ex Coupe without the Navi so it looks like i'll be taking your advice and getting an aftermarket one put in. Kind of sucks when a dealer says he can do something that he can't.....

Any suggestions on what head unit to get? The one's I've looked into don't look like they have that great of output, external amp I guess?