New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

3rd Generation Eclipse. Or Civic..

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Default RE: 3rd Generation Eclipse. Or Civic..

I just thought I would add this in in case you f***ers still think your Eclipses are hot ****. My 4G Civic has, can, and will drop ANY 3G Eclipse I ever see. That's a little over 150 hp kicking your $18,000 bitch asses. Wanna know how much I've spent on the car (including buying it)?

CAR: $500
ENGINE: $550
RODS: $325
SPRINGS: $250
VALVES: $250

TOTAL: $1,875

How do you like them apples?

Old 12-10-2004, 02:11 PM
HCF Member

personally, i don't like the new eclipse styling at all. The previous model was the best. I hate the lines in the doors, I hate the lines in the front bumper, and I hate the rear lights. Obviously this is personal preference. I also would like to add that I hate the new civics too. They also look like **** but they certainly look better than the new model eclipse. Personally, I don't know what I would buy if I were on the market for a new car. I think I would end up buying used.

As for speed.. this depends on what model we are talking about. The civic Si hatch will be faster than the eclipse GS (STOCK). But, I don't think the Si can take the V6 stock. There is no point arguing about modded cars because any car can be modded to be fast. I've seen sub 9sec civics and I'm sure an eclipse can be modded enough to be that fast as well.

Old 12-10-2004, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

After the 2G Eclipse, they pretty much went downhill. The 1G and 2G are fine for reliability, and GSX's are fun as hell. Same thing eith the Evo: after the Evo V, they just went downhill. 4G63 is a kickass engine, no doubt. Trust me, you don't want a 3G Eclipse.

Bottom line: YOU don't know enough about cars to be stepping up here and talking **** about Honda when you yourself are clearly a complete amateur. Go try to find people your own age who will actually respect your lack of knowledge.
Bottom line: YOU don't know enough about cars to be stepping up here and talking **** about Honda when you yourself are clearly a complete amateur. Go try to find people your own age who will actually respect your lack of knowledge.

Old 12-10-2004, 02:28 PM

R u retarded or something, honestly. How do you know that I don't know anything about cars? Grow up??? I'm 22 yrs old, and I know alot about my car, I do all of my own engine work, and nobody else touches my car, so before you jump to conclussions, know what f*** you're talking about!!!! Secondly, $1,875 isn't a lot to spend on a car at all, that's all the basic ****!!! Honda's suck, no hp, no tq, and I'd really like to see you take my car. Don't sit there and say that you're car can take any 3g eclipse, because you won't won't and you can't. *******!!!

Old 12-10-2004, 02:30 PM

Don't start flaming because you're jealous of the power that the GT has stock.

Old 12-10-2004, 02:44 PM

O YEAH, BY THE WAY NICE GT-R SYMBOL, WHERE'D YOU GET FROM??? PEPBOYS!!!! I DON'T THINK YOU HAVE A SKYLINE.

Old 12-10-2004, 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: HONDAEATER

Don't start flaming because you're jealous of the power that the GT has stock.
the power that the GT has stock.
Or lack of thereof

Old 12-10-2004, 03:00 PM

Well, that's nice that you do all your own engine work. That just means it would be all the more easy for me to take you.

Just for some comparison, I'm 19. I've been working on cars since I was 6, rebuilt my first engine at 7, and I am co-owner of a car repair/tuning business. I've owned six cars so far (4 tuned and sold), and two of them were Mitsus (1G and 2G). I'm speaking from experience here, as I've worked on more 3G Eclipses than you will ever see in your life. So now you know where I'm coming from.

The fact that you can stand there and tell me I'm jealous of your hp is the clearest indicator that you are a complete amateur. It doesn't take brains to work on your own engine, but it takes brains to know who and what you're insulting before you start talking. If you want numbers, I've raced five 3G V6's over the years, and I've never seen one closer than three full lengths behind me. I'm talking drags and rolling starts, and just so you don't have a **** fit, they weren't stock. I'm not jealous of you in any way; in fact, I feel sorry for you. You must think that coming in here and running your mouth about **** you can't even begin to comprehend will make your ***** bigger. I bet if I told you I could rape your 1/4 mile time in my S14, you wouldn't believe me. But that's OK with me. I know there will always be people like you floating around the car world somewhere.

By the way, in case you missed my signiature, I don't have a Skyline. What I do have is an S14 with a Skyline engine in it. And that GT-R badge is from the wheel of the wrecked '96 GT-R that I got my engine out of.

Old 12-10-2004, 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Redcivicowner12

If you want to talk **** about an eclipse bring it to Darlington Drag strip and we will finish this once and for all.. Darlington is in South Carolina by the way if you decide to seriously come this way bitch boy.
Hey, I know exactly where thats at.... PM me with your info, and how much you would like to throw down for this race.

Old 12-10-2004, 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

I just thought I would add this in in case you ****ers still think your Eclipses are hot ****. My 4G Civic has, can, and will drop ANY 3G Eclipse I ever see. That's a little over 150 hp kicking your $18,000 bitch asses. Wanna know how much I've spent on the car (including buying it)?

CAR: $500
ENGINE: $550
RODS: $325
SPRINGS: $250
VALVES: $250

TOTAL: $1,875

How do you like them apples?
I'll race your glorious ZC

not your s14 though

2000 GT V6
Single Garret T04e 57 trim @12psi
Tial 35mm wastegate
RC 350cc's
VR-4 Fuel rail
Greddy E-manage
FMIC
TurboXS bov

Quick Reply: 3rd Generation Eclipse. Or Civic..