New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

92 civic dx (i think my car is possessed)

Old 06-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Default 92 civic dx (i think my car is possessed)

hey everyone, I'm new here (of course) but I've been a fan of Hondas every since I learned to drive manual tranny's....but now it seems as if my car is going thru some major issues and I'm thinking I might need an exorcist to help me bcuz myself and every member of my team are at a complete loss right now...
this is the situation..I have a 92 dx (manual), I recently did a direct bolt-on swap from the d15B7 stock engine to a d15Z1 vtec engine (I used the dizzy from my 95 civic ex that I'd wrecked awhile back, other than that NOTHING else was changed except plugs and plug wires, I'm not even running the Vtec yet)..the problem is now I have some sort of electrical drain that is keeping my car from starting past three days of driving...originally I was told to check the main relay, alternator, and the starter I've done all these things...the alternator is fine (there is no check battery light)..the starter works (the car attempts to turn and will turn once the battery is recharged fully) and my mechanic tested the main relay and said it was fine...I'm getting really frustrated and this is beginning to drain my bank account....below is a list of exactly whats going on..if anyone has ANY idea what could be causing this please help me...Thanks
stereo system will shut off and on when I turn on the headlights
when I pump the brakes the speedo will jump and twitch and then die altogether
headlights will dim then go out altogether
car will not start up without a jump (not even a push start works)

I really love my ride I just really want to enjoy it..PLEASE Father/Mother Honda Guru help me??

Old 06-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Default RE: 92 civic dx (i think my car is possessed)

I am not sure but somthing worth checking is the conection on the wire the runs to the fuse box(one under the hood) after i did my swap i was driving and then i hit the brake or turn onthe light my speedo would go to 0 or jump around. There are 2 main wires running to ur fuse box under the hood one from the battery and one from all over the place. check if there loose or when it's running if they get hot. Thats the only thing i can think of and that only because when it happend to me thats what was wrong.

Old 06-12-2005, 11:49 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 92 civic dx (i think my car is possessed)

also, get the battery and alternator tested. and make sure the connections at the battery are clean and tight.