New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

92 honda civic, heaterfan doesn't work...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 07:08 AM
Default 92 honda civic, heaterfan doesn't work...

hey ! wonder who can help me!? My heater fan, which I often have NOT used as I am not here in the winters..stopped working. A gentle banging of the fandoesn't solve the problem anymore- though it did at first.! (as advised by a mechanic over the phone!) I have taken the front plastic cover off, and the radio out, but can't find anything obvious. Is there only the one fuse, there's no relay anywhere else??
Anyway, winter is coming- it is getting cold soon and I will be here and need it fixed! any ideas, troubleshooting ideas please!?? THANKS !!!

Old 11-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Here's how to figure out the problem:

Name:  picture_1695.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  79.8 KB

Name:  picture_1697.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  63.3 KB
Name:  picture_1696.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  76.3 KB

Old 11-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Recognized HCF Member

if youve been kicking the fan/blower... than just replace the fan/blower unit... quick and easy to do!
you simply unplug the wire, unbolt the blowers 3 screws i believe and drop the blower out the bottom of the dash, and most units you have to reuse the plastic internal blower fins, simply pull the clip and kinda hit the end of the shaft to force off the blower fins and just swap it onto the new blower and put the clip back on and simply bolt it up....
and then if its a aftermarket blower simple cut the stock harness off or splice into those wires for power and ground runing to the new blower. check for which way the air blows before soldering or crimping your connections. if you reverse the wiring it will suck instead of blow if so just switch the wires and crimp em or solder the wires and tape them up good.
very simple....
mine went out last year on my 94civic... just stoped working till i realized i could kick the blower unit and it would work.LOL till one day i kicked and kicked and it wouldnt come back on. so i then replaced it. quick 20min job!

Old 11-17-2008, 04:12 AM

Hey there!
thanks so much for your help, it makes me slightly more optimistic that I can get some heat this year! Where do you live? If you are ever in this neck of the woods, come by and have a beer or coffee on me!! We live in Nova scotia (mahone bay) andrew

Old 11-17-2008, 04:55 AM
Default thanks for help ronj need more help though!

i have 92 honda civic, heater blower problem, i was advise to check fuse 13 and 37...where is fuse 37?? i only see 13

Old 11-17-2008, 05:13 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Fuse 37 is in the under-hood fuse box.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Default 92 honda civic ,fan heater blower motor not working...Ron are you there!??

Ron j if you are there??? my honda 92 civic vtec car, well: the fuse box under my hood ,doesn't look like the one in the diagram you kindly sent me! In mine I have 3 black rectangular caps, and also 4 white fuses sitting horizontally next to the 3 black capped things! other smaller fuses, that are similar to the fuses inside are sitting on the perimeter of the fuse box.
Question, which one of those black boxes is for the fan heater blower motor? or is it NOT one of those black boxes?/ or is it one of the other ones next to them I see these flat white ones are rated 40 amp, 30 amp etc etc..many thanks...anyone else can respond too please!

Old 11-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member

These diagrams may help:

Name:  picture_1712.jpg
Views: 2106
Size:  59.8 KB

Name:  picture_1713.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  61.1 KB

Old 11-18-2008, 02:53 PM

thanks ron, perfect! the latest diagram you sent me is identical to what i have in my honda civic...now, thing is , i sort of tugged at that middle black relay (#37) but it doesn't come out...? how does that relay pop up??? do I use a screwdriver and pry it out? I didn't/don't want to break the thing, it just doesn't seem to want come up and out! does it just press in and out..or WHAT!!?? THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR REPLIES, i AM A LEARNING, AND I LOVE MY HONDA! ANDREW

Old 11-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by andrew porter
...now, thing is , i sort of tugged at that middle black relay (#37) but it doesn't come out...? how does that relay pop up???
It is a fuse not a relay. Not sure, but there may be side tabs that must be depressed to remove it. I'll check a similar fuse in my fuse box.

Quick Reply: 92 honda civic, heaterfan doesn't work...