New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

93 dx coupe NEW CIVIC USER + Pic

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 07:35 PM
HCF Member
Default 93 dx coupe NEW CIVIC USER + Pic

Peace to all. I see this is a nice spot for all us civic owners. Sweet. I own a 93 dx, this car my wife had when I first met her. 2 years ago it went off the road. She got the 04 accord, wich is nice. So i finally got this on the road last month. it needed a new altenator, brakes, plugs, bat, wires,...after all that she runs great. I love this car. I want to hook this up. Now...I have some questions. It is an automatic, d15b7 102 hp (lol) now I know that motor can't handle more then 200hp, ok so, now youknow what I have. I want suggestions on how to get some ***** under the hood. Not that much but some, I'm not working with a million bucks here but I do want to dump some money into her. Another thing i have 2 rusted out back pannels, you can't see from the pic but, this is an eye sore, they are holes about 5 inches in diamitor around then wheel weel. I want this fixed ASAP. what do I do. The paint isn't bad, but i do want to piant her one day once I get the other things fixed. So welcome me!!! give me some advice!!! Help me out

Peace

There she is
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...itledcivic.jpg

Old 11-13-2006, 04:02 AM
Default RE: 93 dx coupe NEW CIVIC USER + Pic

well your car is just like mine and i started out with wheels,intake and catback exhuast and im goin to get a header in the next few days so if i was u i would start out with intake and exhaust that should help u out alittle and it doesent cost much either

Old 11-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Recognized HCF Member

shes a beautiful one, get some rims and lower it if thats what you are into

Old 11-13-2006, 06:15 PM
HCF Member

Thanks, That was one of my plans, is to put some black rims on her, maybee 17s, low profile tires...Im a fan of black on black. Ok so you say cool air intake huh? what one?, another thing, what kind of exaust system should I get that is cheap? Like I said I know that this car can't get that much HP under the hood because of the engine limitaitions, But i do what some. Another thing, I live in a cold region (buffalo) it gets pretty cold here, all they do all winter here is throw salt on the streets wich eats your car to ish. What should I do to prepare this 93DX? I just got her waxed last week. One more thing about the back pannels that are rusted out. Are they going to continue to rust? anyone know a cheap way of fixing them? or am I just going to have to pay the 1000$ to get them both fixed? I was thinking of taking them off another DX if i could find them, or getting the whole car painted to match, since it needs it anyway???

someone was telling me that the body kits are cheap like 800$ but it's another 800$ to get them put on your car, is this true? Help me out please!!!

Peace to all who own a CIVIC

Pharaoh Snefru

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=26126459

Old 11-14-2006, 07:57 PM
HCF Member

bump

Old 11-15-2006, 04:58 AM

You plan on getting a body kit or just OEM stuff?

Old 11-15-2006, 12:53 PM
HCF Member

yes i do plan on that, any suggestions? how much??

Old 11-16-2006, 07:28 AM

It's really a matter of choice. Go with what YOU want... If simplicity is what your into, then I suggest you get OEM stuff. Fitment should be a breeze with OEM stuff unless they're replicas. + You can also slap on a nice lip, which in my opinion looks pretty nice if installed correctly... But if your more into flashy stuff, then maybe you should look into body kits. I'm not really a fan of body kits so I couldn't say much about them. For body kits, again, it's a matter of personal taste. One thing I do know is that they are a little on the pricey side (body kit + installation = hefty sum). Anyways, just my .02