New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

96 Civic CX

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Default 96 Civic CX

Just got my first civic and I'm in love with her. Past owner really hacked her up though, she's running without an air filter at the moment. I tried to find the hatch release in the cabin but the drivers side kick panel is missing, hope someone can tell me what cable to yank. Aside from that I'm fish out of water when it comes to civics, any tips for where I should start reading to get a background would be helpful.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:57 AM

Welcome to the forum. Post some pics!

Old 02-15-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by thegodson
Just got my first civic and I'm in love with her. Past owner really hacked her up though, she's running without an air filter at the moment. I tried to find the hatch release in the cabin but the drivers side kick panel is missing, hope someone can tell me what cable to yank. Aside from that I'm fish out of water when it comes to civics, any tips for where I should start reading to get a background would be helpful.
Welcome to the forum!

No air filter isn't the biggest of problems, Just put a piece of screen over the hole, or buy a filter. I would recommend an AEM dryflow, assuming you have an aftermarket intake pipe. I haven't had a conventional filter on my intake for the past 8 months with no problems. I have been using window screen.

I would just start pulling cables and see what happens. What is the worst that can happen, something will open? You should be able to pick up a replacement kick panel relatively cheap from a junkyard, or eBay.

Post pics!

Old 02-15-2011, 07:48 PM

I'll get some photos during the day tomorrow.Took your advice and just yanked on cables, got the hood open and threw on a makeshift filter, hard to notice the loss at the low end and my mind is at peace. Preciate the welcome y'all.